Weston Super Mare Meet No17: Sat 23rd and Sun 24th March 2013

Tigger_1979

Hmmm, depends if you prefer a Weston Super Mare day out, or a drive down from Brean, across Exmoor and back to Minehead. :) I usually detour just south of Dunster and turn right to head to Tiverton anyway - Nice road following the meandering Exe.

Go careful on the road that follows the river Exe, A few years ago 5 of us out on the motorbikes had an amble down that road, only 4 came back alive. It is a twisty road and a few switch back bends, my mate was killed whilst following me when he hit an on coming left had drive camper van that was on a tight right hander (from the camper view). No we were not a bunch of nutters.

Go careful on the road that follows the river Exe, A few years ago 5 of us out on the motorbikes had an amble down that road, only 4 came back alive. It is a twisty road and a few switch back bends, my mate was killed whilst following me when he hit an on coming left had drive camper van that was on a tight right hander (from the camper view). No we were not a bunch of nutters.

Aye - I can see how it can be dangerous potentially. Never driven it like a nutter as most of those bends need to be taken slow to be able to "stop within what you can see" :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a nice pub, a bit further down the road, not expensive and the Sunday Roast is very nice, my mum highly recommended it :)

Also nice big car park and they allow dogs in the pub as well, Gillywibble :)

(that reminds me, if you want to join us on the pier on Saturday the Pier doesn't allow dogs on)