Possibly stupid wiper blade question...

Bodge

Just bought some Bosch Super Plus wipers for the car. Model SP21/19AS. So spoiler on drivers wiper and the passengers wiper is curved.

Never used curved blades before. I've always used the Valeo retrofit blades, but I can't get the good ones any more so I thought I'd give these a try.

Now out of the box they fit with the spoiler on the top side of the blade and the curved blade makes a sad face. But on the bottom of the box there's a tiny little picture showing them both the opposite way up (spoiler on lower side and smiley face with the curved passenger one).

To me the box is correct and they've not been assembled correctly for the UK market. Thankfully you can force off the clips and reverse them.

Am I right?!

If I am right then I'd image 90% of people fitting them will have them the wrong way up.

Sorry for the randomness, having a weird Tuesday......

Yeah bodge, Ive had this with every pair of Bosch ones I've had. Interestingly, the Skoda boxed ones are the right way round. Seen quite a few golfs etc with them the wrong way up though. :-D

Yeah bodge, Ive had this with every pair of Bosch ones I've had. Interestingly, the Skoda boxed ones are the right way round. Seen quite a few golfs etc with them the wrong way up though. :-D

Thanks for confirming buddy. I'm guessing the Bosch boxed ones come direct from assembly in mainland Europe, so they're assembled for LHD cars.

Must say these wipers are great. Arms sit nice and close to the screen (much lower than the retro fit blades). Very sleek. Also wipe really nicely and silently. Not tested them at motorway speed yet. The Valeo ones I've always had had a tendency to not wipe the screen directly in front of the driver over 50mph. Which was irritating.