1.8t RS Running issues

Fugs

Hi all,

Long time since I posted here.

I have a 04 octavia rs 1.8t with a revo remap and 118k miles. Normaly the car runs great and gives good boost at around 3k rpm and stays on boost right up through the revs. I've noticed lately that at around 3.5k rpm it gets a bit juddery. Sometimes for only a second and sometimes longer. Its like the car is getting starved of fuel. Its intermitent and sometimes the problem is not there at all.

I gave the car a good service only 3 days ago to try rectify the problem and it seems to have helped but not eliminated the problem. It seems to get worse when driving for more than say 15 minutes.

I changed the oil, air filter, Fuel filter(which was very dirty) and plugs. 4 new coils were fitted at about 105k miles.

Could my fuel pump be on the way out? Or could there be a boost leak problem(I doubt so myself becase its not constant).

Any help appreciated thanks!

Need to get it scanned with vcds/vagcom to be sure. Could be any number of things. Coolant temp sensors, vac hoses, dirty throttle body etc etc. Where abouts are you?

Mine did the same got it checked on a rr connected up with a computer and turned out to be fuel pump. There was a smell when the bonnet was lifted that indicated fuel starvation. As stated above it could be loads of things though.

Hmm without ecu error code data maybe hard to get to true issue straight away.

My initial thoughts would be your N75 valve or DV. Some cars including mine did not like the std N75 with a REVO map. I replaced mine with a race one from ECS think this is the VAG equivalent to the std Audi N75 H version.

Also if your DV is worn the internal spring starts fluttering under load/boost as you have increased power the DV may of given up. Replace this first with a better one like forge 007p or equivalent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Brought the car into local skoda dealer. Its burning too lean according the diagnostics. They recon it could be the maf sensor although i doubt it myself as its only a year old. Car alrerady has a forge dv valve. I am really starting to think its the fuel pump.

Is there anything alse that can cause this engine to run too lean?