Few Skoda Fun Related Questions..

Hi,

Just a few questions if anyone can help out....

1. Is there any other place i can get a new gearbox mount bush other than skoda?

2. My gear stick when in gear feels as if its in neutral (can shake it around) worn bushes?

3. Where to find a fibre glass rear bumper?

4. Coilover kits can you get them for the fun? Good idea? Or stick to lowering springs if i decide to lower?

Only being 19 my skoda is slowly coming on :) Soon will be painted :D

If anyone could help me out i would be greatful! :)

Jack

Hi Jack!

1. Have you checked at the dealer how much they are? Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised.

2. It's an old Skoda, they do that ;) ;)

3. Ah they come up on ebay from time to time, sometimes at a good price, sometimes not. You can ask at your local dealer, but sit down before they give you an answer ;) ;)

Is yours missing or just badly damaged?

"Soon be painted"???? Tell us more ;)

1. The rear engine mounting is about £25 from the dealer for the whole thing ready to fit, or you can just buy the bush separately for about £13 iirc,

2. Yer they do that, change the bushes

3. Not available from skoda any more, and when you could get them they were about £750, best bet is trying breakers yards or eBay, sadly these old busses are getting a bit rarer nowadays.

4. As far a I'm aware there are no kits available for the fun or pickup, certainly not in the uk anyway, there is a company called hp sporting in cz that make coilover sets for felicia hatchback models but I don't think anybody sells them over here, you could always try the mk1 focus coilover trick or just make your own.

Okay thanks for the replys. I didint have a rear bumper when i bought her :( I had the front one which was a bonus. I have now fibreglassed that up and fitted a debadged grill. It will be painted all one yellow at some point as i think it will look better than the 2towned yellow. I will be lowering it probably now on the lowering springs that are on ebay. Then get rid of the horrible BK cheap nasty alloys which are on her. Change them to the g60 banded steelies. Get the MGZR yellow monicco seats in and find myself a torneou cover to get rid of the truckman top as its better when its a pickup..So its all coming on :)

Hi Jack, good luck with the Fun project sounds really interesting. Colour wise my preference is for two tone & agreed that the cover is visually preferable to the top. Early on I was considering a different set of wheels but have grown to like & prefer the original alloys.

Last week was the first time my old girl let me down & left me stranded. After some grumbling for a couple of days or so the near side CV joint failed & left the drive shaft just spinning freely. Sorted as of today but it's the first one I've had that's actually failed.

Look forward to progress reports as you go ;)

• 4 weeks later...