Doing Full service anything else recommended whilst its in?

Fear

Well instead of spending a few £s on some mods first up im going to fully service the car, usual oil & filter, fuel filter etc but also do the extras like pollen filter, clutch fluid etc, oh and cambelt. So its gonna be a fairly costly service :think:

But whilst its in having these bits done is there anything recommended to do whilst its in.

Was thinking of things like oil pick up pipe etc

Any more suggestions?

a lot of us have fitted a metal water pump impeller water pump (good practice to do when cambelt is off), as the plastic VAG ones have been known to break up when they get older.

brake fluid flush/change?

oil pickup pipe a good idea too, several threads on how to do it too on the site iirc

Edited by Oet

Water pump will be done with the cambelt yeah, so is a metal one a better option then? Which one?

Forgot brake fluid was on the list aswell, so will be done.

Could add the throttle body clean to the list. Got the garage doing me a quote for what ive asked for so far so will see what the price comes out at and add a few bits if funds allow.

I'd also carry out a throttle body clean too. The gasket is only a few quid from the dealer and well worth while matey.

Sent from my phone, using my thumb.

good point, you just reminded me i need to do that on mine too! cheers dude!

if you don't disconnect the electrical connector you wont need to reset it with vag.com either, though i do a reset when i do this as i have access to the software.

Brake and clutch share the same fluid, so don't get charged twice!

Cheers for the info, good to know. The guy i use isnt the type to rip anyone off and have been using him for years.

If you still have the old black type Coolant Temp Sensor fitted, change it for a genuine revised green one, as the black one will fail at some point.

Any pics? So i can check before it goes in, no haynes manual yet.

Why not do the servicing (easy) parts yourself.

Could do, but to be honest i prefer to get it all done by a pro and the guy i use is cheap enough its not really worth doing yourself.