vRS TDI DSG Tyres...

Morning All,

I got my 12 plate vRS TDI in March last year and covered 23,000 miles since. I have only just had the tyres replaced last week on the front for the first time, I'm quite impressed with that.

What kind of mileages did you get out of your tyres?

the conti sport 2's lasted 9k on the front of mine, the wheels was swaped front to rear with new goodyear f1's ending on the rear, now at 14k and the last two conti with need replacing by 16k. my steel toe cap work boots don't help

I'm just starting to look at replacing the front tyres on mine. Currently running Avon ZZ3s which were fitted last January and I've done around 24-25,000 miles since then (Octy II vRS CR DSG).

Not the grippiest ever but at 25k miles a year I need a balance between grip and wear.

Happy with that sort of mileage though and will probably buy them again, although Camskill have Uniroyal Rainsport 2's at a good price so going to research those first.

Just bought a Octy 1.9 PD DSG. Original tyres at 20,200 miles so I reckon we can easily get over 23,000 out of them as they are still in good nick with plenty of tread.

Phil

Oh dear. Wish I could get such mileage from my gently driven Elegance. 16,000 miles for fronts (down to losing wet grip at 3mm) at present.