Yeti Servicing

Moonman2

I'm trying to decide where to take my one-year-old, low mileage, Yeti-170 for its first service. Unfortunately some of the local (to Basingstoke) garages don't get too good a review in the Briskoda dealer forums. And some of the forums have been archived (e.g. for Winchester) and have no recent posts and a lot can change in twelve months.

So, I'm wondering about independent garages, but am not sure how, in practice, this would affect any future claim under warranty. I can see that it would provide "wriggle room" if Skoda felt like not paying out under warranty so I might be taking a risk, even thought one suspects some of the (good) one-man bands would probably do a much better job than an accountant-run main dealer. And there can't really be that much to do at one year old and low mileage.

Does anybody have any experience of this sort of thing? Or any recommendations for a dealer in the south of England ...

Allams? Certainly have a good reputation over sales.

And yes you can "preserve" your warranty and get the car serviced by a VAT registered garage, but you might have to prove that only Skoda parts were used and all proceedures as set out by Skoda have been adhered to. personally for the low costs I have been charged I'd find a good dealer and stick with them.

Now if you want a day out, then several of us would recommend Sinclair's in Swansea.

First service is normally just an oil/filter change - how difficult can that be? I would stick to a local Skoda main dealer on this occasion. For the 2 year service maybe look elsewhere depending on your experience with the first service (locally). I have always stuck to main supplying dealer for servicing. It may cost a little more but well worth it for the FSH main dealer stamp in the service book when time to sell, and no warranty issues.

I bought mine from the Aldershot dealer and used to get my Fabia serviced there. They were very good - I only stopped because I moved job to Reading and used the Reading dealer for convenience. Well, until they had two goes to complete a service and still didn't manage it.

It's a bit up the M3 for you though.

Aldershot's not too far, I'll put it on the list. And I guess you've all convinced me to go with a main dealer, at least until the warranty's up (three years I think).

Any more suggestions (do or don't) for dealers gratefully received.

Main dealer for me I like that stamp in the book.

Always worth ringiing around for the best price as it does vary then take the cheapest back to the dealer you want to go to.

Most will match the cheapest.

PS: Sporky:- what is a 1993 Zeppelin R200 ?

It's a racing airship. Not many made. Part of an elaborate back-story I came up with some years ago, about being the love-child of a Viennese diplomat and a Peruvian disco-dancing champion, and spending my formative years as an the captain of a racing zeppelin on the international circuit.

It's a racing airship. Not many made. Part of an elaborate back-story I came up with some years ago, about being the love-child of a Viennese diplomat and a Peruvian disco-dancing champion, and spending my formative years as an the captain of a racing zeppelin on the international circuit.

Now thats what I call a back story!

Jeez I recall my father having pictures of a peruvian disco dancing champion, I wonder if.....