vRS tdi issues-help

My 2007 TDI 170has a few problems I need advice with. I took it to dealer for mot and to investigate fumes in car and cold starting issues. They rang to say its failed mot on emmisions. They then wanted to do some diagnostics but I got car back and put some Wynn additive in for cleaning fuel system and mot emmisions and gave it a good run for around 15 miles. I plan to do same in morning before returning it for diagnostics as it may pass test then. Still have the fumes problem which is even detectable when moving now. They had the car overnight to get cold start but said although lumpy no fault codes so don't know!

Any ideas on fumes and whether the emmisions failure will be anything more complicated?

Cheers

Our old renault 2.2 TDI savannah had emmisions problems at mot time. The independent I used put some additive in the tank specifically to clean the sytem out. they also changed the air filter, plus the oil and oil filter too. it passed the next time.

good luck

I thought the only emmisions test for a diesel involves the soot test?

The DPF should be catching all of the soot. Has it been removed?

I was present during the MOT on my PD170 vRS and the probe up the exhaust read 0.0 for the amount of soot after the blip of the throttle.