Glow Plugs?

Brocko

The engine management light came on other day, after checking with VCDS I have the 17056 error code (Cylinder 2 glow plug).

It seems like an easy enough job to do & Eurocarparts list the NGK glowplug at about £15 - has anyone used NGK glowplugs before (or any other brand) and have any good or bad things to say about them?

Cheers!

I've used NGK spark plugs, but that's of no use!

These people, ECPs sister firm, are cheaper too. (I managed to order a BOSCH Maf and fuel filter for less than the cost of the same MAF from ECP.)

http://www.carparts4...o.uk/glow-plugs

Edited by TriggerFish

The engine management light came on other day, after checking with VCDS I have the 17056 error code (Cylinder 2 glow plug).

It seems like an easy enough job to do & Eurocarparts list the NGK glowplug at about £15 - has anyone used NGK glowplugs before (or any other brand) and have any good or bad things to say about them?

Cheers!

I have replaced my factory fit bosch glow plugs with NGK ones after one failed. Replace the set as after I replaced one, two others failed within the year. Seems to run ok on NGK. You need a longer socket and a torque wrench to complete the task.

28 quid a set here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-NGK-NTK-Diesel-D-Heater-Glow-Plugs-SKODA-FABIA-1-1-9-V-RS-VRS-03-08-5065-/160858016033?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2573e28921

Id tried TPS. See what they cost for the genuine ones!

The "genuine" bosch ones on mine lasted just over 3 years before they started to fail. My car seems to start better on the NGK ones. I think TPS were a lot dearer than 28 quid a set when I rang them.

• Like 1

You said they lasted 3 years, so letting me know in a few months is no good to see if they last longer...

Thinking before you type would be a great idea

I was attempting humour :) How do you know you have still have the original plugs in your car? You only bought it last year....

Full service history with a documented list of parts replaced from when, where and mileage, down to nuts and bolts! One of the reasons i bought the car, 10bonus points for research.