Rattle/squaky sound from passenger side

Rothbard

Recently our Citigo started making an annoying rattle and squeaky-like sound from the passenger side. It's not deafening and it can be drowned out by the radio, but it's loud enough to drive me insane :(

The sound is very hard to pinpoint. It's probably coming from the passenger door or from inside the panel on the right side (driver's side is on the left). I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer but that's always a hassle and I'm uncertain if the issue is to "small" to be covered by the warranty. It certainly is a large enough issue to kill the joy of driving.

Edited by Rothbard

I notice the glovebox makes some annoying sounds, but only for the first couple of miles then it goes away. Get someone to hold it shut tightly when driving and see. You do tend to get rattles from todays plastic infested cars in cold weather.

It's not the glove box, we tried both holding it shut and keeping it open to no avail.

It could perhaps somehow be related to the cold weather, but it doesn't stop when the car is warm and it's also been pretty cold before it started.

I had this with an annoying rattle from somewhere under dash, drivers side. Only when it was warm in the daytime but cold at night/morning. It would disappear when the car had warmed up. Now it's not heard at all. Similar with my last car, the plastic dash against the windscreen surround used to creak in cold weather until a little warmer inside the cabin.

Mick

Re my noise....it's like a small rattling sound just around the instrument binacle area of the dash, could even be in the steering column switch/stalk area.

When I first had the car it was fine, then on colder mornings 1st drive if the car hadn't be used it used to rattle from somewhere in the above area. Once the cabin had warmed up, say after 1 mile it disappeared. Now I don't hear it at all, but it's cold here all the time so maybe that's got something to do with it.

It's not worrying me just a little annoying for a few minutes when it did happen. All seems well with the car now as said.

Mick