What bulbs are people using

J18VRS

As the title suggests what bulbs have people replaced there headlights, interior, number plate, indicators, ets ets ets ets with ? Im fancying some new headlights to make them more DRL colour

Philips Xtremes for the headlights, and that's it. Significant improvement in the dark. Light is just pure white, no yellowyness in it at all, but no blue hue either. Just a solid bright beam to improve your vision at night.

+1 Philips Xtremes / Osram NB+ are best for low/high beam and have been for several years now, the only thing noticeably better for low beam or single source dual beam is a HID kit, but that is a separate discussion.

Indicators: I use Osram Diadem ones that tinge blue when off. Some people prefer Silver Philips ones. Either is better than stock fried egg look.

DRLs: I find the fog integrated DRL's as on Mk2 Superb and Roomster/other cars are way too strong. I replaced them with these:

(see last 2 photos)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/238769-some-roomster-add-ons-photos/#entry2806337

I also use these in stock red colour for twin rear foglights / 5 brake light mod as they light up faster than bulbs.

Cabin: numerous warm white and cool white LEDs. Also on rear number plate lights.

Also, a warning note on front LED sidelights: if they are co-located with high beams, the vapour from LED's plastic (or solder on the ceramic ones) will foul up your high beam reflector over time. Usually starts with a thin line of matt reflector between sidelight opening and high beam bulb opening. Best to stick with bulbs in the sidelights, "more white" (blue glass) bulbs are widely available.

Aside from the above, when modding lights, you often need to deal with ECU monitoring on some cars. Though latest VCDS SW I tried had pretty much everything switchable off, and most bulb monitoring was switched off from factory. If you take earlier cars though, some of them can be quite fiercely protective ;)

• 7 months later...

Thread bump! I've been having Philips Xtreme vision on for something more than a year now, but last night it struck me how different is their white (I suppose something around 4500K?) as compared to the DRL's clear white which seemed around the 6K area. Are these values correct more or less and are there any decent H7s that could match the DRLs tone? The Philips are fine regarding visibility so I don't want to ruin that just for aesthetic purposes. Also, I reckon the opposite (changing DRLs to match the Xtremes) would be a more difficult job, so... any suggestions?