DIY Fitting Fabia 2011 pollen filter

car_me

During service the garage fitted me with a replacement pollen filter.

The filter seems not so good and now all the small from the road is entering the cabin.

I wanted to replace it, so I looked up on youtube how to replace the filter myself with the original one.

When I removed the filter, I noticed that there is no plastic frame surrounding the filter like in youtube, and it was very loose so it just dropped to the floor, when I remove the bottom L shaped clip.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) Should there be a plastic frame that the filter goes into, or I should just push it in the hole? (because maybe the garage tossed the frame into the garbage).

2) There are arrows on the filter that states the direction of air flow, I don't remember how it was assembled (my mistake). can you tell me the direction of air flow?

Note: I have a LEFT hand drive car (not in UK)

It would seem that the frame was not refitted after the garage removed it. There are a couple of sliding plastic clips to move before removing filter complete with frame. New filter needs to be carefully fitted to frame before replacing in its holder. Can't remember which way the arrows face indicating air flow direction but sure a poster will be along soon to tell you.

Thanks for the replies.

I want to other garage (not the same one).

Thay checked on the computer and didn't found a part number for the frame, they told me there is no frame.

Can someone check on ETKA a part number for the frame?

Thanks for the replies.

I want to other garage (not the same one).

Thay checked on the computer and didn't found a part number for the frame, they told me there is no frame.

Can someone check on ETKA a part number for the frame?

The frame and the part number on it ;)

Click on the pic for bigger viewpylfiltrkryt.jpg

Thank you Irfant.

From the picture I can see now that I am missing the plastic frame, that is on the floor mats.

I got the L shaped bottom cover, but only the frame that holds the filter is missing.

I don't really know it's part number, Since the second garage that I visit today didn't know it either.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping the thread (and on my first post!) but I was wondering of anyone had found the part number for the filter frame the op was missing, as looking at mine today it is cracked and doesn't stand much chance of surviving me changing the filter over :/

The filter frame was deleted in production at some point around 2010 and a larger pollen filter fitted so don't assume someone has binned it. They may however have fitted the wrong filter, the later non framed filters start with a 6R0 part number.

The filter frame was deleted in production at some point around 2010 and a larger pollen filter fitted so don't assume someone has binned it. They may however have fitted the wrong filter, the later non framed filters start with a 6R0 part number.

fitting the filter onto that frame was a pain in the rear, so glad its gone :)

I'm not sure if the ones I'm looking at are the updated filters, none seem to start 6R0, instead 6Q0820367B. Is this the right filter? And are these filters the updated dimensions http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pollen-Filter-Service-Hatchback-2006-2011/dp/B007T5TX5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373407256&sr=8-1&keywords=fabia+2011+pollen+filter

many thanks

For a 2007 model the filter has a frame.

6Q0 820 367 Filter element

6Q0 819 653 Filter element (activated carbon type)

6Q0 819 647 Frame for filter

6Q0 819 422 B  securing L bracket with sliding clips

Airflow (arrow on filter) is towards the centre line i.e. towards the controls

• Like 1