Really annoyed at fiddling dealer!

jaxx007

Hi guys n gals, I think my dealer has deceived me and fiddled with my car to hide a possible fault. A couple of weeks ago I had a warning come up saying "oil sensor workshop". I took the car in on Friday to be looked at and the receptionist said he'd spoke to the master tech and it wasn't worth scanning my car cos it wouldn't show a fault. I asked them to anyway for peace of mind.

They told me later there were no faults found and returned the car. I checked this morning on the way to work and they've removed oil temperature from my maxidot. I only have the options of... immediate consumption, average consumption,range, route, speed, speed warning and travel time.

How could the dealer delete this option? Is this to hide a problem? And can I get oil temperature back onto my maxidot by shouting at the dealer for lying and removing options from my car?

Thank you all for reading...

There have been a few threads about people getting oil temp activated, mostly on vRS's I think. As I recall not all cars came with it activated and had something to do with a seemingly unrelated selection in the system.

Sure someone who knows more will be along soon, or you can search for the issue.

Can't comment on whether it is deliberate or not though. Personally I'd speak to the dealership about it.

Just in case it matters, my car is a 11 plate 1.6 tdi 105 elegance. It did have oil temperature on the maxidot before it's trip to the dealer so it was originally activated.

I guess the most important question is can the dealer reactivate the oil temp setting on the maxidot if I return the car to them?

Edited by jaxx007

I don't have vagcom or similar to tick the relevant box in settings skoda 1982 but at least the dealer should be able to reactivate it., and to miyagi, the car has always been on fixed servicing through 33k miles.

no you can do it with maxidot use the left stalk to accsess maxidot menu keep + button pressed menu will appear you want mfd data press button under stalk to select then press + minus to scroll then press button under stalk to select

If its not there I'm sure that its something to do with fixed/variable servicing...

hello there i am sure you are right with the fixed /variable servicing my car went in for the oil breather software update and the new bottom end ,when she came back there was no oil temp indicated ,it was there on the maxi dot but ticked all ready ,i rang the dealer he said it was to do with the service interval set up ,i am of to awesome to get some work done see if they can turn it back on .

A little update, I spoke to my dealer today. The person on the phone went away to speak to someone, came back and said they can't understand why it wouldn't be there. They asked me to nip up tomorrow to plug it in again to reactivate the oil temp sensor on my maxidot. I'm going in the morning so I'll let you know how I get on. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

Took the car in, they had it for an hour and all is well. My oil temp is back up and running. Only minor thing was my average economy and trip mileage etc had been reset to 0, but I can live with that lol. Well done to lightcliffe skoda in warrington for sorting it out in the end.

Took the car in, they had it for an hour and all is well. My oil temp is back up and running. Only minor thing was my average economy and trip mileage etc had been reset to 0, but I can live with that lol. Well done to lightcliffe skoda in warrington for sorting it out in the end.

All's well thet ends well :beer: