i had a play with some leds and a soldering iron at the week end and ended up with these. going to do the rest all blue like these just had a little accident with the heater ones broke one off the air con switch's. can't believe a switch is £45+vat from skoda as its a rare one

What you think.....

post-61747-0-14653200-1359410922_thumb.jpg

will do mate when its all finished broke me air con tho got new switch on order from skoda only one left.... will upload pics when i got the rest done still got to do E/W E/M switchs heater part when it comes and dash

This is how a Felicia dashboard is looking with INDIGLO technology.

indiglo1_zps2f1adcaa.jpg

indiglo2_zps230133e8.jpg

they are wicked but

we need them in mph but would like some more parts for the felicia

yes that was with about 50 leds on a big long strip i have got its about 3meters long just working out if i can cut some off...... finding it hard to reset fuel gauge as took needles off others are easy.....

i just scanned the old ones on paper in black and white

they are wicked but

we need them in mph but would like some more parts for the felicia

That is the easiest part. You only have to print your design on a clear plastic sheet and apply it over the INDIGLO disc.

For more information see the link below.

dashmoman_zpsddecf4fe.jpg

how did you get them to do that

First I have to mention that (unless I specify) none of the photos are from my car.

It happens that I have some skills in finding all kinds of useful resources for our beloved cars. Then I share them with you.

Now... I believe you're asking about those glowing needles. The solution comes from a Russian forum dedicated to Skoda Felicia.

Here is the link: See translated article

Basically he used 3 miniature LEDs (SMD style) took from a mobile phone and mounted them on a PCB ring at an angle. He connected the LEDs in series and added a ballast resistor to hook to 12V. Of course, the quality of execution is low, but the article gives you a rough idea how it can be done.

@Dark_Hero

Main problem is that Felicia instrument cluster is lit by very dim, very small bulbs. There is not enough space to mount bigger bulbs in their place. There is a total of only 4 bulbs that have spread the light through light guides for all instruments. If you try to put 12V white LEDs instead of bulbs, you'll have another problem: LEDs light mainly upwards (viewed from side) and we need maximum light sideways where light guides are. I know there are LEDs that have some sort of a conical 'prism' inside to spread light sideways, but they have too low intensity.

I will attach some relevant photos from my 'vault'.

ideal_zps87bcbc54.jpg

This is what we're looking for

lguides_zps380d44a4.jpg

smallb1_zpsd4d1ba9b.jpg

smallb2_zpsce6113ba.jpg

extra2_zps254fc86e.jpg

extra4_zpsc41b9682.jpg

pcb5leds_zps8ddc9ff6.jpg

Edited by adurer

• 1 month later...

I think we might get lucky because I've found brighter (5 times!) miniature replacement bulbs for our instrument cluster backlight.

They are OSRAM 64124-MF, 5W at 12V.

OSRAM64124-MF_zpsf75e659c.jpg

update all switchs and dash all done in blue leds its much better then the dim green lit bulbs i have done electric window switches mirror switch all dash switchs heater lights dash board looks much better in blue

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Bringing up an old topic but i have a question

I am planning to use this tutorial to get led switches too: http://www.feliciaklub.cz/navody/zmena-podsviceni-spinacu.html

What kind of resistors do i have to use? And 3mm leds or 5mm? It would be great if some 1 can give me some info and possible some ebay links to order my leds and resistors.