Steve's Mk1 vRS

VRS-Steve

Hi all, just new to the forum a weeks ago. Got myself a 2003 Mk1 vRS in yellow with 84k on the clock.

Mods include some lowering springs which I suspect might be from a Golf, soo to be changed to some coilovers, Im thinking FK Highsports but not sure yet.

It also has a Leon Cupra splitter, some HID's in the fog lights and a colour coded grill.

First thing is to get a few things fixed like the rear calipers as they are sticking a bit, and to find a leak as my drive footwell is wet.

Pic the day I got her

IMAG02124_zps7a5cdfc1.jpg

After a wash.

IMG_20130127_162133.jpg

IMG_20130127_162222.jpg

I cleaned up the spare rim too as it had caked on dirt

Before

rimdirt.jpg

After

rimclean.jpg

rimready.jpg

Updates will be pretty slow as I have no cash lol, but hopefully I will be getting the suspension sometime in March.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate, yeah the new ones are 55 front, 35 rear (35/15 or so from standard VRS height) so hopefully they will change the look completely and it will sit nose down.

Edited by VRS-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Got the car all sorted last week. Caliper and breather hoses on. One of the hoses was split quite badly as suspected and one was filled full of crap, it's a wonder any air was getting through.

IMG_20130320_191514_zps42700235.jpg

IMG_20130320_191549_zps65a3e9c1.jpg

But the big disappointment of the night was when the springs went in. With the Weitecs in it literally sits at the same height as before. Hardly looks like 55mm front 35mm rear! Checked the part number and there right so not sure what the problem is.... Not happy.

IMAG0369_zpsabceaf4d.jpg

Also got a Forge Splitter valve, I got a blanking cap and put it on today. Wasn't a fan of the tish noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Cleaned out the throttle today and got a new gasket. It was pretty stinking but is now clean as a whistle (forgot to take a finished pic). Havnt driven it yet to tell if will make any difference at all.

IMG_20130407_171926_zps3d16a7a4.jpg

Also gave it a coat of Dodo juice orange crush, it came up really well I think.

IMG_20130407_192429_zps8226a7e6.jpg