Steve's Mk1 vRS

VRS-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Got the coilovers in, actually pretty impressed with them, firm but not back breaking, and not bouncy at all.

I'm going to leave them in the current position until they settle then see if they need adjusted, but the car definitely sits a lot better now. If anything I'll be raising it slightly at the back.

Also had to replace an o ring that was leaking water quite badly too. All sorted for MOT next month, just need to put different plates on it.

Sorry for the dirty pic, I will get some better ones when it's washed at the weekend hopefully.

IMG_20130523_202241_zpse5696452.jpg

• Like 1

oh come on i waited all week for this and you have them at standard height :giggle: jokes looks good what have you got the backs on? ill post another pic of mine this week now its settling its getting low :giggle: worth the money for sure :thumbup:

• Like 1

Lol cheers mate. I have 2 kids and the boot always has prams/shopping in it so can't go too low.

The rears are about half way and the front has 23 threads to the bottom.

I'll adjust in a few weeks when it settles if it needs it.

:giggle: fair play,must say its the most drivable low car ive owned can still cruise over speed bumps,did catch one this morning though :sweat:

cant remember my fronts not far off yours i dont think have to check lol

looks like its sitting level though :thumbup: more pics! :yes:

Looking good Steve, any joy getting your strips darkened a bit? Re photos, maybe in our June meet we can look into doing some proper photos.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well done Steve, when I had my last Octavia I always got a lot of love at the MOT centre, did you find the same? take it you had to raise it a little for the brake test!

• Like 1

Yeah the tester recognised it locally and liked it.. not too maybe yellow ones to confuse it with lol.

No I was just hoping that it would clear it and it did. The splitter looked like it was touching the ground in the mirror lol.

Good lad getting it thro the test. Wen mine went up the other month the fella said he couldnt get the headlight washers to work and i didnt have a clue how to turn them on either. Lucky my mate works there so rung him and he came over and had a word with the fella ;) told me to hold the window washers in for 5 seconds and they came on.