Towbar coding

RoryRover

Sorry to resurrect an old thread!

I had the tow bar fitted on our Yeti by the supplying dealer before we picked up the car after we selected "Tow bar Prep" as a factory option.

I have connected the trailer today and i'm not sure that the coding has been done correctly - some functions work, but not all.

Bulb failure system to be extended to trailer bulbs - This works because we had an indicator out

Allows the flasher ECU to accept the additional load of the trailer flashers, without changing the flasher unit as normally required - All OK now bulb is fixed

Switches off the car rear fog lights when the trailer is plugged in - This is happening

Switches off the rear parking sensors when the trailer is plugged in - This isn't happening

Extends the alarm system to sound if the trailer is unplugged when the alarm is set on the car - I haven't tested this!

Enables the in-car display to show the trailer when reverse is selected - This isn't happening

Activates a trailer stability programme in addition to the car one, when the trailer is plugged in - Is there anyway to know this function is working?

So, is it possible to only have some of the functions working?

That sounds a few bytes short of a proper coding. :giggle: 

Fred

• Like 1

It was done by the supplying dealer  - I won't shame them as overall they have been pretty good and I'm sure they get it sorted.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers all