No reverse when warm

Ok, I've tried searching and can't find anything on here or on google to say this is a coimmon fault but hopefully some of you amazing, technical people can shed some light on what is going on here....

At the weekend I picked up a car that I used to own - 2004 Octy vRS.

The car had been stood for a while and was reluctant to go into any gear when I set off, however into the journey home (100 odd miles) it became *slightly* easier to engage gears. That said, when I got home and tried to engage reverse it seemed to go in alright but set off as though it was in 1st gear!

I left it overnight and lo and behold I managed to find reverse. Seemed ok for the day yesterday with a few short trips, however after my commute to work today it refused to find reverse again!

I could put it down to the fact the car has been stood since around August last year with minimal use, but could it be something more sinister???

make sure you can undo the refill plug before you drain the fluid. Get proper Skoda gearbox oil, as a lot of other males ppl have reported maked the box feel notchy. That said I have been running Fuchs stuff in mine for the last 105k and all seems good.