Any L&Ks on the road yet?

hmibennett

While I wait impatiently for my Candy White 1.8TSi L&K (ordered two weeks ago, promised for March - but I doubt it; I'm thinking more May, even June) I just got to wondering whether anyone on this forum has yet seen an L&K, either in a showroom or on the road? I have seen pictures of LHD models that are obviously out and about elsewhere than in the UK, but have any landed here yet? And who's going to be first with one on this forum?

Ordering started about two/three weeks ago didn't it?

So give it a month or so and they might start to turn up.

I have not ordered because the colour red is not available.

Ordering started about two/three weeks ago didn't it?

So give it a month or so and they might start to turn up.

I realise ordering has started only very recently but I was wondering if Skoda had sent any across to dealers to be showroom candy!

I realise ordering has started only very recently but I was wondering if Skoda had sent any across to dealers to be showroom candy!

That is normal manufacture's practice for new models, so would be very surprised if there are none in the UK, at least some dealers - for demo purposes though not purchase. Dealers usually have to keep demos for 3 months before they can sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Following my change of order from an Elegance to the L & K trim w/c 21st January, I was informed earlier today by the dealer that they are building my L & K (170) in week 10 and thought I may have it for the end of March. He also remarked that this will be one of the fastest turnaround's he's seen. I have added the Rough Road Pack, Extra Speakers, Typre Pressure Monitor and Spare Wheel optional extra's. I did try to add the MDI interface as it's just appeared recenlty in the brochure but the dealer said I was now too late to add anything else - Oh well nevermind!

From reading alot of the other posts on here I believe the build date is just a rough guide and we'll just have to wait and see, I will keep you posted.

That would be quick. Since I ordered mine 9 days after yours (1.8 petrol also with TPM and RRP), then that might suggest I could look forward to mine mid-April, although currently my dealer is saying end of April/beginning of May (no build week confirmed - or even mentioned - as yet).

My (provisional) build week notified a couple of days ago as week 17 - dealer expects handover to me late April/early May. Look forward to seeing pictures of yours, gbpxg01 - will it be the first on UK roads?

It's a 170tdi, looking forward to delivery.

Yep I'm sure you are. I'm in the week 17 build so will be very interested in your first review when you've picked it up.

• 2 weeks later...