Fabia 1.4 tdi pd 80

Smh3107

Can any one share their comments on this car please? Planning to trade my Polo in for one and have just read a rather unfavourable report on the model from Top Gear. Is the engine really loud? Thanks!

Possibly not the ideal person to comment, as mine is a MK1(PD), and think the MK 2 is CR .But ,even at high revs I don't find mine noisy. ( Mine is a 1.4tdi 75,Mk1). Never had any problems on long trips ( Midlands -North of Scotland) at grand vitesse with noise . I wouldn't think the MK 2 would be any noisier .

We have a Fabia Mk.1 1.4 TDI 70bhp Classic and a Fabia Mk.2 1.4 TDI 80bhp Greenline - I think that the noise would be described as "characterfull". The 80bhp pulls particularly well, but it will all depend what engine your Polo has, and what you are expecting as diesels drive much better than petrols with no chasing of revs to keep good momentum. Just have a test drive, all people have differing opinions so they cannot convey truelly.

Hi we used to have a 1.4tdi 80 Fabia Mk1 and it was fantastic. Bearing in mind I came to it from a 1.8 petrol Focus, the power and torque were fine and it had enough power for decent overtaking. Had it for 3 years and did over 25k trouble free miles. Was regularly getting high 60's low 70's mpg by the time we sold it with 66k on the clock. Only changed as we needed more space and now have a Roomster.

Cheers, Jon

Mines an 80 HP PD Green line. Yes its a bit 'tractor' like lower down in the revs, but pulls really well and is very efficient. I quite like the rattly engine tbh. Its not the sort of engine you lug at lower revs, it vibrates a bit if you do and no torque down there anyway. Had mine since new and at 70k now. Just had cam belt done. Only ever fault was a differential pressure sensor on the particulate filter which yours wouldn't have anyway unless its a green line. Swmbo is inheriting mine soon and plan to keep it a good few years more.

Green line 1 has different engine mapping and gearbox plus dpf but essentially its identical to standard pd80.