roof rack system

anyone any experience of fitting a THULE roof rack system with THULE Aerobars to a fabia vrs? Bought one of these yesterday and fitted it but it looks strange. The foot pack doesn't sit on the bodywork which is good. The only thing I find starnge is the aerobars which have a slight bend end to end which would make tying down flat panels difficult and bike racks would be at an odd angle. Is this peculiar to the fabia or are all THULE aerobars like this?

anyone any experience of fitting a THULE roof rack system with THULE Aerobars to a fabia vrs? Bought one of these yesterday and fitted it but it looks strange. The foot pack doesn't sit on the bodywork which is good. The only thing I find starnge is the aerobars which have a slight bend end to end which would make tying down flat panels difficult and bike racks would be at an odd angle. Is this peculiar to the fabia or are all THULE aerobars like this?

Not sure yet. Just got delivery of mine yesterday and will be fitting this weeked. Will let you know. Just to check I got 860 Aero bars, 751 footpack and 3003 kit. Did you get the same. My aero bars don't have a natural bend

I've had the Thule roof bars fitted to my Fabia vRS in the past and never had a problem with a bend in them. Managed to fit a metal frame from a sofa bed, which took up 90% of the width of the bars, onto them perfectly without any rocking or movement.

I phoned THULE yesterday who say that all thule bars have a sligfht natural bend which is pulled out on sytems where you tighten the bars from the ends such as on cars with roof rails but the curve won't pull out on fixed point systems like the fabia/ octavia. Odd that because I parked next to an Octy with the same roof rack system yestreday and that's aerobars don't have a curve. The box says 860, maybe they are defects!

Didnt you fancy going for the genuine Skoda basic roof rack? It really is a great system, easy to fit, very sturdy and doesnt look too bad either :)

The Skoda "official" roof rack is made by Thule, but doesn't come with fancy bars.

I didn't bother with Aerobars because I only use the rack when it's absolutely necessary.

Make sure you don't lose the little bits of plastic that cover the rack mounts in the roof!

Fitted my bars over the weekend and got the same result with the footpack not sitting flush with the car body work although the bars are sitting flat. If they are bent then they are either faulty or maybe the fixing kit feet have been mixed up there are specific ones for the front, rear, left and right. Spoke to my supplier, Snowchains, and they said this was a known issue. Also spoke to a chap at Thule ([email protected] - 01275340404) who claimed I fitted it incorrectly and knew nothing about this. Spoke to Snowchains again, they know the indivduals at Thule quite well and will take this further on my behalf. I have asked Thule to develop a flexible gator to fit in the gap at the bottom. This is not being worked on at the moment but admitted the more people who phone up and complain the priority for this will increase!!!!

Bit anoying to have spent