Yeti Diesel DSG

Auto York

Good evening all, I am new to the forum, I am considering a new Yeti L&K Diesel DSG, I realise there are waiting lists, but can members advise regarding discounts, what I should expect and the which dealers they recommend?

Welcome to Briskoda. It is a great site for all things Skoda.

This tiny section is just for the Yeti. There are many shared parts with other vehicles, so take a look around the whole site. Briskoda is one of the best forums I have come across and people come and post regularly.

Discounts are available, but not all dealers will give you one or much.

Try Lee at Preston Motors in East London a site sponsor.

You could also try Allams Motors who are also site sponsors.

The Diesel DSG is a great machine, but the economy is not dissimilar to the 1.2tsi DSG in the real world as it is much heavier.

Do you need diesel? If you are doing less than about 20,000 miles you are probably better off with petrol.

But if you want 4x4 and auto, then you are left with no choice like me. I do about 16,000 miles per year, so diesel is borderline, but I will not drive a manual car through choice anymore.

If you tow the the diesel is better.

The L&K spec is great, but I have a very similar spec with my Elegance as I have most of the toys on it.

Delivery seems to be getting better, but the dealers know best.

Internet dealers scan be cheaper, but you may have to wait a long time to get your car due to the way cars are allocated. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Auto York

Look at my thread here: www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265134-another-l-k-ordered-at-bargain-price/

Tim at DM Kent, York has done me a great deal, and he's just up the road from you (you're nearer than I am at Scarborough!). I'd be amazed if you a better deal anywhere else.

TJK

Hi Rockhopper & TJK

Thank you for your advice and after much negotiation I have done ordered a Yeti L&K DSG. I have done a great deal as you have TJK with DM Keith at York.

As my wife and I will drive the car the one option I did want and cannot have is the electric drivers seat with memory, it makes no sense at all that you can have it as an option on the Elegance but not on the L&K!

Auto York

Hi Rockhopper & TJK

Thank you for your advice and after much negotiation I have done ordered a Yeti L&K DSG. I have done a great deal as you have TJK with DM Keith at York.

As my wife and I will drive the car the one option I did want and cannot have is the electric drivers seat with memory, it makes no sense at all that you can have it as an option on the Elegance but not on the L&K!

Auto York

No problem

A good reason for me not to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening all, I am new to the forum, I am considering a new Yeti L&K Diesel DSG, I realise there are waiting lists, but can members advise regarding discounts, what I should expect and the which dealers they recommend?

Welcome Auto York, welcome to the forum. :yes:

The DSG gearbox is SUPERSMOOTH. :p

Auto York

Maybe the L&K is a limited production run that cannot have options added, similar to the Urban last year? This will also account for the quick delivery dates that seem to be being offered.

Hope you enjoy the car. I am a fully fledged DSG convert myself!

If you need any VCDS coding doing once you have the car then let me know... not had a play with a Yeti yet!

I'm on the far South-West corner of York (about a mile from A64) so Tadcaster is about 10 mins away.

Phil

Maybe the L&K is a limited production run that cannot have options added, similar to the Urban last year? This will also account for the quick delivery dates that seem to be being offered.

If only it was that simple. Some members seem to have added factory options to their L&Ks, so in that respect it appears to be a main stream model unlike the limited run Urban where no factory options were available. Also, Skoda UK have not announced that it is a limited production run.

Muckypaws comment re his L&K order:

"Opted for Rough Road Pack and spare Tyre in Steel Grey. Nearly bought the 12 speaker system too but decided 4 extras speaker for £390 wasn't worth it".