Water sloshing behind dash!

lebel

On my 62 plate Monte, there is a lot of water sloshing behind the left hand side dash. I have checked the pollen filter and footwells, and they are both bone dry. I have a date booked with the dealers in 2 weeks time, but I am concerned that possible electrical damage may occur. Also, the noise seems louder inside than when I listen outside with the bonnet open!

I searched the forum first before I posted. No one seems to have the same problem. I also have had excessive condensation issues, but this may be coincidental.

Please can someone help?

Edited by lebel

No idea if this will help at all, but here goes anyway....

Soon after I had my 60 plate car, during the cold winter of 2010 I had a problem where the rear wash wipe pipe split behind the dash (apparently the pipe is bundled into the wiring loom......). I noticed water in the footwell and on my feet when using the rear wash/wipe.

I know you have said you have dry footwells, but could you possibly have a split somewhere that is contained behind the dash? Unlikely I know, but just an idea.

Apart from the wet feet I noticed that the rear wash water was struggling to get water out of the nozzle (hardly surprising due to split) - have you noticed anything similar with your rear wash/wipe perhaps?

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

I have same problem with my 2011 superb 30,000 miles. I can hear water sloshing around when i turn corners. I only purchased car from skoda dealer two weeks ago. Left it back, they fixed problem, telling me there was a seal leak at lhs of front windscreen. They took it out and rebonded it. No water for about 1 week then the same swoshing sound again. Its currently back in with them. Il let you know how i get on this time.

lebel, this can often be caused by air in the heater matrix. It stops the matrix from fully filling with coolant and you can hear the sound of the water passing through it. If you rev the engine with the heater controls turn fully on to hot you may hear it. The sound travels leading you to believe it's coming from the left side of the car. Of course I've not heard your noise but this is a common one I've dealt with many times. Other causes are blocked water drain from the area below the black plastic panel in front of the windscreen (below the wipers where the linkage is). There can be quite a build up of water that you never see if the drainage is blocked with leaves and dirt.