bike carrier for vrs fitting

lee1972

Do the normal over spoiler ones not clear it?

not sure going to halfords tomorrow

been to look at 4 off ebay local and none of them would go over it

just wondered if anyone on here had one that did fit so i could get the same

to be sure it would go on

there are a few on ebay that say they go over the spoiler

just didnt want all the hassle incase they didnt fit

Edited by lee1972

Bit cowboy ish but I've used a generic halfords one but when I assembled it I put the long arm on the bottom and the short arm on the top, that way it pushed it up over the spoiler,

The bikes are carried quite high and at a bit of an angle but works well, never had an issue with it

Best way is to fit a tow bar and use a bike rack off that. Used different bike racks over the years and these types are def the best.

Sadly quite an expensive solution though. Depends on how much bike carrying is likely to occur. I either stick the bike(s) in the car or use a Thule 3 bike unit on my towbar.

Cost me £20 for a tow bar from the scrap yard, think you can get a 2 bike bolt on holder for under £20 which bolts on. So the tow bar option isnt as expensive as people think

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Cost me £20 for a tow bar from the scrap yard, think you can get a 2 bike bolt on holder for under £20 which bolts on. So the tow bar option isnt as expensive as people think

Wow - that is cheap.

I picked up a new towbar from ebay, and then got a Thule 3 bike carrier from Halfords when it was on special offer - still no way as cheap as that!

Edited by mbames

Gotta remember that all golf 4 platform cars have the same tow bar, except 4x4s.

I got mine off a octy pre face lift estate, but golf, toledo, Leon and probably audi a3 will fit as they have similar crash bars

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Bit cowboy ish but I've used a generic halfords one but when I assembled it I put the long arm on the bottom and the short arm on the top, that way it pushed it up over the spoiler,

The bikes are carried quite high and at a bit of an angle but works well, never had an issue with it

thanks for all the info

what one from halfords is it

think im going to go this was as not working at the moment cant go for the towbar option

Not sure of exact one but its just the very basic 3 bike carrier most variants on the same style should do it

This type of thing but many years older

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=251011&categoryId=165477&langId=-1