Little plastic thingy

In the air conditioned can holder (next to right knee) there is a plastic tube thingy with a rubber band on the end which can come out. What is this?

Also - just ticked over a thousand miles in my car and normally (with a bit of fun) door to door 100 milr trip I get back about 50 MPG when I drive about 70-80. Is this about right? I presume the best MPG will be about 70 MPH in 6th?

Cheers in advance...

Cal :)

I think it's just a pen holder but I stand to be corrected....

That MPG sounds about right; I get about 47mpg doing 80-85 on shorter journeys than yours with 11k on the clock. Stick to 65 in 6th and you should be able to hit the best part of 65mpg.

Once it's got 5-6k on it you'll see a massive difference.

I used to struggle to get 50mpg, I get that now crusing at 80-90.

If you're really gentle, 60 on an A road comes pretty easily too; just use overrun and accelerate gently.

^^^ I agree. :)

I used to srtruggle getting over 45 mpg on any kind of run. Soon as I hit 6.5k on teh clock... the mpg has shot up. Am now getting 55, where I was previously getting 45. :)