what is my skoda worth? valuation advice

Hi All,

I'm about ready to sell my Skoda Fabia Elegance.

I have done some valuations but i'm not convinced, they differ depending who with (glass, autotrader, etc)

I was wondering if i list the spec here if someone could give me an idea what this would go for private or trade in?

Skoda Fabia MK2 2010> on facelift model, TDI Elegance 1.6 (105 bhp)

Black

climate control

heated electric mirrors

electric windows

rear parking sensors

maxidot computer display

convienience locking

factory fitted DRL's (the ones inside the fog light housing)

26500 miles

full skoda dealer history, at 9k, 17k, last done at 26k with rear brake drums stripped and cleaned

2 owners

Tax jan 31st 2014 (£20 a year)

first MOT july

still under skoda warranty for a about 4 months

I have retrofitted:

vw/skoda bluetooth kit (geniune)

skoda columbus dvd satnav, sd card, 30gb hdd / LED screen model

I still have the original Swing radio so can remove the columbus depending on if someone wanted it or not, reflected in the price.

I am tempted to sell for around £8500 is that too high? Valuations are coming in at 8000-8250 but thats without the columbus

Any advises welcomed!

Many thanks

Try looking for similar aged cars on auto trader and the likes. As to extra's, they do not add a great deal in my opinion to the price of a second hand car but do increase saleability (more desirability but certainly not the cost of the extras ex the factory). The Colombus may add a little as it is a sat nav unit, does anyone really care about the fact that it is a DVD player?

Best of luck with the sale, and hope it goes well for you :thumbup:

We handed over our 2010 60 plate Elegance TSI in p/x three months ago and got about 200 above Parkers trade-in figure at the time. Noticed though the dealer still has it and they have knocked 700 of the screen price they first advertised it for. Get the feeling the Elegance for some strange reason is not the most popular trim for a Fabia with the dealers :wonder:

TP

Hi TP thanks for the post.

Had a couple of dealers come back to me with £7,000 p/x . WBAC is offering £7200 so not sure whats going on there. I've used WBAC twice and they've been reliable. Still privately i'd hope for 8,000

Yeah they will knock it down. I think it also depends on which branch you visit. I've used both Stockport and Preston, both only knocked down 50 quid or so which was fair for what they pointed out (air-con regas was one, dint + deep scratch another) overall pretty good. But i don't think i'll accept their low price :)

I got + £250 over p/x going with wbac and that was after they had knocked back £200 for three lots of paint chips, scratches and their admin fee, so I can't knock them.

similar cars where advertised at between £750~£1k more than I got from wbac.

BUT it meant I didn't have the hassle of advertising the car, and I had readies to get a good deal on a new car. I would guess that had I advertised the car and found a buyer they would no doubt have expected/ offered -£500 off the asking so the difference isn't that great.

It all depends on how quick you want/need to sell the car and if you can go without a car waiting for a new one.

Dealers will usually offer you a reasonable part ex; particularly of youre trading the same marque and the trade car is something they can easily sell.

Traded our 11 plate vRS estate about a month ago and was given just over 11k for it which I felt was good; admittedly it was barely 18 months old, well specified and immaculate.

They went on to ask nearly 13k for it; all it needed was a valet but dealers are rarely ever going to be anything but quids in. Im not fussed though as it saved the hassle of trying to sell the thing privately and made arranging the finances on the new one much easier.

Nice to know it hasn't lost much money since new as you got yours vat free like mine - lost 2-3k in 18 months?

Indeed I was pleased, about 3k down (was 15k I think) more or less walked away from it with my deposit back which was very good. I didnt have to argue the toss really either but do wonder if I was offered strong money on the basis I bought another new one.