Any last resorts?

sean2390

Hey all,

Both my rear doors have been leaking now for a while and I've followed DRJ's guide for sealing the doors. I've done this three times with both doors now and used numerous new door clips. And yet it still leaks from around the edges. Is there any other solutions? BTW I have been using plumbers gold.

I had my fronts done under warranty .Bloke I talked to said that if the carriers are rivited, they used silicone . ( Proper Skoda main dealer tech).

Drill out the rivets, tapp a 8mm thread and use bolts with a washer, then use gutter sealant (Doesnt try as such so stays flexible unlike others).

Done this to all 4 doors and dont have a problem, only tapped the holes since my doors got deadlocked by a autospark

Just use a nice thick bead of Plumbers gold and smooth it out with a wet finger, so the seam is completely encased with the stuff.

I didn't bother with drilling out rivets etc, and I have had bone dry doors ever since I did it last year.

Gutter sealant is the same idea but personally I think it's cheap and nasty stuff to work with......and is more suited to roofing, but a lot of people have had success with it.

Edited by booke23

Aye well I took the card off and found where its coming through. Took the sealant off and did a new layer under the carrier and around the edges smoothed with my fingers (damn messy). Hopefully this has finally nailed it.

• 2 weeks later...