TDI Tuning and Lights

Hello,

Two questions please:

Has anyone fitted a Dragon digital tuning box to a 2.0TDI engine? Is it worth it? Easy to fit? Any problems with it generating error codes from the ECU?

Is it possible to buy and fit upgraded bulbs for the standard headlights, that appear to be projector-style on the Octy 2? Any recommendations?

Thanks very much! Nick

Is it possible to buy and fit upgraded bulbs for the standard headlights, that appear to be projector-style on the Octy 2? Any recommendations?

Halfords keep a range of different bulbs to the correct specification.

Why you would want to change them is beyond me. They are the best I have had on any car. They have more than enough range for the car's performance.

• 2 weeks later...
They have more than enough range for the car's performance.

You think?

Next time you're on your own on a motorway at 70mph, count how many seconds it takes you to cover the distance your lights illumnate the road ahead.... then tell me they're good enough

The Furby lights were upgraded pretty soon after taking ownership of the car. This time I got some Osrams but I've had Philips ones too. Definitely worth the upgrade imho.

Indicators as they just finish off the clean look, rather than 'egg'-look ;) Nothing wrong with it but just more pleasant to the eye :)

The side lights were free with a set of headlights so I fitted those, Philips Bluevision ones. Slightly brighter I think but then I hardly ever use sidelights on their own anyway.

The main beam lights were good, but the improved ones definitely have a FAR better light output, so when you do use them it's better.

If you spend all your time 'in town' then upgrading your bulbs is probably not worth it, in fairness. But if you ever venture onto a B-road at night, or in rain, fog or other enjoyable, fairly frequent road situations, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it :D

Can definately recommend the Philips bulbs (50% brighter). Got mine from here: [url']http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/[/url]

These guys are excellent, ordered some Osram silver stars for my furby, arrived next day with a pair of free blue vision side light bulbs.

I just ordered bulbs for the speed triple from them as well today.

great service