Octavia Mk.1 ECU Query

HasAki

Hi all.

I'm after some advice on the ECU in my 54 plate Mk.1 Octavia. Is it possible to run some sort of report which shows when and what was accessed on the ECU by a person?

Thanks.

Thanks mate. Do you know if 'switching on' cruise control after retro fitting would show up on the ECU? I'm in the process of drafting a letter to dispute a claim this was switched on when the company says it was. It had a remap done at the same time as the retro fit cruise control. Thanks.

You would need VCDS to check if cruise is enabled. I guess the company are refusing to enable FOC? Its a 2 min job with VCDS, its fitting the looms thats the hard part. If i was closer i would do it for you, im sure someone near to you wont mind enabling with VCDS. Hope this helps

Thanks. The company is claiming they enabled the cruise when they retro fitted the control stalk which is is not true according to the previous owner, who paid to have the work done. Only after I took it back to the company did they find that it hadn't been turned on and then charged me for the privilege. The company is adamant it wouldn't have left their workshop without being tested and working but they have no paperwork to prove this so it's my word (and the previous owner's) against theirs. Just wanted to know if there was a way to report on this to prove who did what.

I just can't see them forgetting to enable & test cruise after fitting the stalk. Why didn't the previous owner take it back to them if it didn't work? If I'd paid to have cruise control fitted & didn't work I'd be straight back there.

The ECU doesn't log access data.

It's not impossible as a load of other work was done at the same time. The owner notified the company just a few months after he realised the issue and couldn't get back for them to take a look as he lived over 200 miles away.

It's not impossible as a load of other work was done at the same time. The owner notified the company just a few months after he realised the issue and couldn't get back for them to take a look as he lived over 200 miles away.

Just a few months after!!!!! I think he's spinning you a tale.