Starter Motor.. Nothing

Why does my first topic outside of introduction have to be a problem?

ah well

anyway.

today i managed to collect all the parts for my oil catch can.

other than a gunked up pipe all went to plan,

although.

this morning my car started fine,

this afternoon my car stared fine,

it started fine putting it into the garage,

but since ive fitted the new pipes it wont.

it is 100% not the battery, it bump starts fine and all the lights come up on the dash etc. also theres no fault code given.

but when i turn to key to engage the start motor nothing happens,

no click, no whurr, nothing

ive followed the wires from the startmotor to the battery, every thing is connected and nothing looks disturbed as far as i can see.

im absolutely stumped,

tomorrow im going to get a multi meter on it but any advice before i start would be much appreciated

thanks T

Mine failed just like yours. The small braided strap between the solenoid and the brushes had corroded through until it couldn't take the current and blew like a fuse. Soldered a replacement length in with a powerful soldering iron. A bit fiddly getting the brushes back in but good as gold again. Hope this helps.

yes, if you are getting all your dash lights, its moe likely the starter than the ignition switch,

take pos cable off of starter (the one to battery) and clean up ends, also earths under battery tray are worth doing, failing that, its prob the solonoid on the starter, change it as they generally can't be replaced/rebuilt if the solonoid goes, i know, i did mine last week!

Hi guys, thank you for your suggestions :)

After getting it out the car and hooking it up to a booster it still did absolutely nothing, I decided to just buy another one, this is not usually how I roll but at £51 for a new one from euro I decided that it was worth just going and getting one,

So my car is now fixed :)

T