Jerky Throttle

Hi All :)

I purchased an '05 Fabia 1.9 Tdi recently and love it to bits. One thing that is annoying me is the jerkiness between 2-3k revs. What I mean is the throttle is overly sensitive in this rev range and even the slightest of touches (or lay-offs) will have the car lurching. Is this a common problem? Should I be thinking about taking it back to the dealers? I guess its the mapping, can anything be done?

Thanks in advance for any replies :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Also seems to depend on which gear you're in - in 3rd it's pretty aggressive, higher up it gets less noticable.

Basically if I'm just chilled-out-driving-along I tend to sit in a higher gear and accelerate gently, then it doesn't happen. Other times when I wanna 'get a move on' I plant it a bit more. Most of the time it's not too bad, just feed in the accelerator a little gentler and it will be quite 'liveable with' imho.

Remember tho - when you ease off the accelerator (esp below 2.5k) the turbo spins down a bit. So if you then put your foot back on, the fuel starts to go into the engine faster (thus speeding up the revs), THEN the turbo spins back up - pretty rapidly as you're in the powerband - at which point the same amount of fuel suddenly burns a lot more efficient so you get a blast of power. As a result you probably ease of a little, turbo spins back down, fuel is virtually cut, thus lurching 'the other way'

Just noticed I've got more ' ' in that then usual - oops :D

Same here.

On 1st gear really...since the car can 'roll' without tapping the accelerator...it's very weird...because I slightly touch the pedal when it's rolling and then it starts jerking...

I think it's a normal 'feature' though...nothing to worry about..

• 11 months later...