Battery Drain

stan7746

That being the case it is a matter of getting the vehicle left for a satisfactory repair carried out under the Warranty at a Dealership arranged by Skoda & a Courtesy car until it is done.

If Skoda can not arrange that on Monday,

i would Contact your Local Trading standards and Raise a Case.

Skoda UK or the Dealership you are dealing with are not taking your rights to have a Car fit for purpose seriously.

6 weeks or more without the matter being resolved is unacceptable.

george

Thought I had better call in and see how things were progressing because as previously mentioned I have not been contacted with any updates. The service manager was on leave and due to return on Monday and it would seem there was nobody else in management available that I could discuss the situation with, the young man I did speak with explained that the search for the problem was on going and they were now going through a process of elimination. For the first time through frustration I did express quite strongly that I was not happy and felt that the problem should with the computer diagnostics and technical back up from SUK have been resolved by now but to be honest it seems like it’s one of those 1 in a 1000 faults it just so happens it’s my vehicle that has it. I would like to thank all the advice and comments by fellow members. I should mention two things firstly that I have no intension of removing the vehicle until the technicians at the main dealer are happy the problem has been resolved once and for all also that I have from day one been loaned a courtesy car but as you can imagine I just find it so frustrating that for about 10% of the time I have owned the vehicle it’s been in their workshop and still suffering from the original problem.As a footnote I was informed during my visit with the main dealer that they are monitoring my posts on this site.

Edited by stan7746

Thanks Charles but this has been investigated and a new Satnav/Cd/Bluetooth etc. replacement fitted so that has been eliminated from the list so still looking.

Edited by stan7746

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my Fabia back yesterday the main dealer is 90% sure that they have found the culprit that has caused the vehicle to be in their workshop for eight weeks - a power relay that feeds the radio, I have been told that Skoda UK will contact me Monday to discuss the matter.

I just have my fingers crossed that the problem has been resolved and will keep you updated, thanks to all the help and advice given by other members.

Edited by stan7746

• 2 weeks later...

Just to report all's been well since my last post some two weeks ago and yes Skoda UK did contact me to check all was ok and they agreed the good will gesture I requested.

On reflection I admit I was really frustrated that the fault took so long to rectify but occasionally even with the diagnostic technology available not all faults can be pin pointed which as in my case the fault had to be located by a process of elimination hate to think what the cost would have been had the work and parts not been carried out under warrantee.

I must say my main dealers were very apologetic and helped as much as they could including supplying a courtesy car from day one which eased the inconvenience but missed all the add on’s I had fitted (cruise, Bluetooth, tow bar Satnav etc.) but I was mobile so could have been a lot worse.

Once again thanks to all the help offered and given by forum members.

• 1 month later...

I have just come back from my local dealer after being recovered there for the 2nd time in 2 months. Fabia Monte Carlo tdi105.

"Having just returned from a short 8 mile round trip I parked the car up as usual and did not return to it again for about 18 hours, when I did the remote would not unlock the car so I tried the new spare remote thinking that perhaps the battery had failed in the original but it proved to be a flat battery on the car."

Stans line from above describes an identical problem to mine on both occasions. The cause of my flat battery is the cooling fan coming on and staying on for no apparent reason when the car is not being used.

Was diagnosed as a bent pin on the fan connector.

Will see what they come up with this time.

CAnt be sat nav etc on mine, just have standard radio.

• 2 years later...