Where can all the bits of the turbo be?

christyRS

well the turbo in my car is in bits.

have the turbo out, all the intercooler pipes, the intercooler all washed out.

dropped the sump and the oil pump gauze all cleaned out but all the bits of the turbo havent been accounted for.

dont want to put all back together yet because the new turbo will be toast if a piece sucks into it from somewhere.

anyone any ideas where to look now or what to do.

any help will be much appreciated

They go down the exhaust, i.e in the direction of flow. Probably find most of it is lodged in your cat (if you have one)

When my turbo went on the Ring, the hot side wheel went right down my exhaust, out the tailpipe and on to the grass at the side of the circuit. I never found it :D

At the rate of knots the bits go through there will be lodged in the cooler. Just make sure you wash all your pipe work through and blow it out and it should be fine...... My bros is on its 3rd turbo and his is fine. 1 thing to check though is the first rubber 90 of the turbo as the fins slit by bros one up and as soon as it came on boost it blew a hole in it.

Everywhere lol, had very bad luck with my car recently where I went through 4 turbos including original, the 3 that were replaced all got smashed bye to debris. All down to not being cleaned properly by the garage :(

J.E