Decent 501 / W5W ?

vRSAnt

I recently got the ones with the metal end and three rings in them and orange colour at the tip. Just been refunded on ebay for them. Plenty of sellers doing these, plus the cheaper all plastic ones (not tried those yet but advised not to bother)

Despite fair looking build, No good for me, one went faulty I'm sure (despite careful handling and fitting never dropped) as the terminal was very loose. Probably because they aren't sealed to fit, unlike the standard ones that are sealed bulbs.

Plus they never connected correctly and I found it was only actually live when they first touched the connection to the LED. Load of crap really. Which is why I had to send them back, they weren't working.

The standard bulbs work all the time.

I notice that most of them only have a single wire whilst the standard ones it loops about for double the contact area on terminal too.

Anyone recommend anything decent ? I'm starting to despair, and for the hassle may not bother.

Would be interesting to compared with others. Also to actually compare with people who've actually checked they are working and no just assume they were (like I did for over a day until I got out to take a look and found they were off !)