Opinions on Saab 9-3

SteVRs

Great car, but then I would say that as I've got one - traded in my Octy vRS for one.

Re the previous comment 'vectra is posh clothes', not really. It shares the same chasis/engine as does the Octy with the Golf etc, but everything else is different.

Not too many about however unlike the competition (Beemers etc), so sort of an exclusive feel to them, which is always nice.

Some odd optional extras though...make sure you get the comfort pack as an option otherwise you may loose some niceties that you have currently.

They are a bit thirsty as previously commented. I average about 29.5mpg, but then I do have the Aero (2.0T). Re the diesel, I know later this year more variants are coming out, so check out the new line-up as there may be more options in terms of BHP etc. And is you want to tune it there's a great generic remap available from BSR which is basically a module you plug in to the dash, press tune and hey presto, and extra 30BHP (its reversible too).

Online forums for SAAB are not up to the same scratch as briskoda though...bit dull and not overly active.

Any Q's give me a shout.

Brian

Had a bit of a tussle with one the other day, an aero turbo 2 litre. I think they are 210 bhp. He was up my **** for about a mile, came off a roundabout onto dual carriageway in 3rd and we were equal up to about 100 when he started to pull away slightly. So for 210 bhp the performance wasn't that impressive, assuming he was trying his best.

You can tune them :D

My old one (ok it was a 9000) would have beaten any saloon/hatch on the site (yes that includes Dave's) apart from a Fabia RS with Pikey mods 1, 2 & 3 ;)

if you do a search for my posts you'll see me "love" of saabs :mad:

I've owned two a 900 2.3se and a 95 estate se. The estate was very comfy inside but only did 22mpg (my wife drove it) I thought this must be wrong and I managed 17mpg !. The climate control (dual zone) went crazy with one zone blowing hot and one cold. After taking it to the dealers and sorting out a lift etc I picked the car up drove for 1hr 20mins thorugh rush hour traffic home only for it to go again. The 900 the check engine light came on 6 times including once when they had "fixed it" and I started it up still on the forecourt. The last service on the 900 was approx

Well the new 9-3 SS is a different kettle of fish from previous gen SAABs. The handling has been sorted and its pretty good IMHO, and I have had no issues with mine at all, very reliable.

Regarding performance, easy to tune, mines now up to 247 BHP using the BSR PPC tuning kit - drastically improves mid range.

Brian

What's everyone think of the Saab 9-3 on here? Might get one.

Edit: Either 1.8t or 150TiD

I have had an auto 2.0t se petrol for three years. Very nice car to drive very much of a cruiser not as much fun to drive as the furby. Watch out for the fuel mine does 25 to 29 mpg on a run and also the insurance can be expensive.

Very good security and safety features.

However, uses the same frame as a cavalier/vectra so it can drive a little like them.

Wol