fuel comsuption

hi i just had first service on me monte,but it seems like im useing more fuel now,do they ajust/or change setting on ecu when they reset service time,any thoughts.

They will have checked for ECU updates and applied them at the service. My car had 80 software updates applied as part of the service.

Watcha carl, yes...as George says about ecu upgrades, but if it's just update these don't normally affect anything. This can depend on the make and type of ecu though, but mostly, updates won't affect anything accept the thing they are designed to influence.

Nice to be aware of them when they are being done to the likes of Twinchargers in atempts to sort out issues.

ie, You get an Oil Consumption test done and maybe a Breather Modification but are not told that ECU Upgrades are being applied.

or just,

When it is just a car going in for a Oil Service (minor service) or Oil Service Inspection included. (Major Service)

A perfectly good running car can then come out the workshop running differently and possibly not as well as it was because of Updates done during Services.

VAG should make Owners aware. Just incase of adverse running or loss of economy or performance.

george

See 'reason for decision' 2,E

thanks for the information guys,will keep an eye on it,i could be imagineing it,but i will pop in and see them and ask.

might see some of you at castle coombe on the 27th april.

cheers carl.

castle coombe on the 27th april.

NO

I'm off to the Kawasaki ZRX Owners Club anual meet at the ACE CAFE London. (28th)

Bit of a long way to go for breakies & coffee.

It makes a good ride out.

I hope they didn't do one on my service - engine expired less than 2000 miles later...but thats a vRS, not a Monte!

They did an "upgrade" on my Scirocco - throttle only opened 75% until you got to 4500rpm afterwards - you could feel the "kick".

Lots of trust needs put in people working on your vehicle and you expect them to be trained and knowledgeable.

A service should not been rocket science, and the customer should not be expected to have a full knowledge of vehicles.

'Owners Hand Books'& Service manuals that explain better would be good,

updated to suit Model Years.

Servicing garages in the days of Computers that print out proper explanations of the work carried out on your vehicles is hardly too much to ask for these days.

Notifications of anything done to your vehicles ECU should be automatic IMO.

But then notification of known problems and solutions would be nice,

time that VAG/Skoda was talking to owners of some cars with problems and honest explanations to why the problems are occurring.

george

90% of hand books now are just arse covering H &S issues,useful and practical information to someone who likes to look after and maintain their vehicle properly is almost non-existent.

Good thing that forums exist as a source of info the manufacturers may not want us to know.

Hi Carlo, no not a member. But just ordered a new GTR1400 to go longside the Burgman. Hope it arrives in time. I'll let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Estate Man.

Great

Let me know.

Carlo, no wont' be making the Ace after all. Many issues have arisen and bike is still not in the stable. Could come on Burgman but won't be the same. Maybe see you another day!