Tonneau cover, does any one need one?

I have found a company that will make me a tonneau cover. I have got to take pictures and measurements but the result should be a new cover. If any one would like one let me know.

I've not see an original but its being made up as i request so im sending measurements etc. If someone on here had dimension, blueprint if you like, that would make life a lot easier. I've been given a rough quote of 90 + 10 postage plus vat. But until I give them the exact details they cannot give me an exact price.

The originals are like rocking-horse poo. I don't think they were OEM by made by one of the owners.

Essentially there were 2 sections that slid into the C channel that's on the outside of the hockey sticks. The middle then zipped into place using two of those chucky tent type zips. The cab end poppered onto the plastic and was rolled up when the back was open. I'm not sure about the tailgate end.

Although in a haze of inspiration:

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab337/oldschoolrb/80861bfa-31c3-4b4d-a147-1bca1c7348eb.jpg

.....this is Ricko's one. Give him a nudge and see what he says.

there's one (sort of) on ebay, it says for VW Pick Up and Felicia Pick Up, but then when you scroll down it's not for a Fun

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Caddy-Skoda-Felicia-Black-Tonneau-Load-Pick-up-cover-98-Brand-new-/221197942952?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item33806cc0a8

Ooooh, Rainbowfire you have made me realise something. My kitty wagon( play on kill bill fame ) seems to be a little different from others possibly.

My hocky sticks have the metal staple shaped like clips running down them that I thought they all had but Im thinking maybe not now.

there's one (sort of) on ebay, it says for VW Pick Up and Felicia Pick Up, but then when you scroll down it's not for a Fun

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33806cc0a8

........partly because of the movable wall and partly because of the shopping trolley handle spoiler on the tailgate.

• Like 1

Ooooh, Rainbowfire you have made me realise something. My kitty wagon( play on kill bill fame ) seems to be a little different from others possibly.

My hocky sticks have the metal staple shaped like clips running down them that I thought they all had but Im thinking maybe not now.

The "staples" are not a standard Fun feature. I don't recall there being an OEM cover, so there will be a few variations out there.

........partly because of the movable wall and partly because of the shopping trolley handle spoiler on the tailgate.

Great feature to aid pushing ! I've trained the wife just in case ( well someone's got to steer) :giggle:;)

Right, this is where I am. I have a company that requires the measurement and will provide me with a Tonneau for about 120 all in. Then seem there is Leon who has all the measurements and provides the one with the 2 zips and fits in the C section for 180 all in. I have asked for a quantity discount with no joy.

I must admit the one provided by Leon looks good but I like the idea my self of having no zips as they seem to be the bit that fails.

I'm happy to pass on Leon's details with his permission if you wish to go that way but I have decided to risk the Prototype.

Right, this is where I am. I have a company that requires the measurement and will provide me with a Tonneau for about 120 all in. Then seem there is Leon who has all the measurements and provides the one with the 2 zips and fits in the C section for 180 all in. I have asked for a quantity discount with no joy.

I must admit the one provided by Leon looks good but I like the idea my self of having no zips as they seem to be the bit that fails.

I'm happy to pass on Leon's details with his permission if you wish to go that way but I have decided to risk the Prototype.

Thanks for this info & yes the zips failed on mine! :happy:

my father in law in making one for me, a simple rear load cover and a seperate one for the passenger cover. I could ask him to knock some more up? he loves making stuff like this.

he knocked up a prototype bed system we have developed for landrover in 10 minutes which would have taken me all day!(had i actually figured out how to use the sewing machine!)

Soon as he is finished i will get some pics up. He is off on a pilgrimage to israel next week so it wont be finished then but should be back in a couple of weeks. Im not rushing him because it keeps him sweet :sun:

Will ask him about making up a half dozen or so though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...