Amundsen +

yeti4fun

Just got an se plus ( replacing an se ) which has the amundsen + radio, when using the sat nav, either the radio or the cd is also playing, does anyone know if you can just have the sat nav on.

sorry if this is a stupid qyestion but could not see anything in the book and cannot figure it out.

If it's like the Columbus, the answer is no. I found the same problem, asked the dealer (and the far more knowledgeable people on here!) and it would seem that if you want the satnav on without any other sound source you simply have to turn the volume right down. I had the same issue on my previous Octavia Scout but at least that had a mute button that you could hit: on the Yeti, you actually have to turn the volume all the way down to nothing. Annoying.

Just got an se plus ( replacing an se ) which has the amundsen + radio, when using the sat nav, either the radio or the cd is also playing, does anyone know if you can just have the sat nav on.

sorry if this is a stupid qyestion but could not see anything in the book and cannot figure it out.

Select sd card and pause it....

Br

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

On mine you turn the sound all the way down that mutes the radio but the sat nav instructions still come thru at normal volume level and when the voice is speaking you can adjust the volume for sat nav.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The SatNav data is on the SD card.

It may be, but not on the one on the front of the Amundsen+....

JeZ

If it's like the Columbus, the answer is no. I found the same problem, asked the dealer (and the far more knowledgeable people on here!) and it would seem that if you want the satnav on without any other sound source you simply have to turn the volume right down. I had the same issue on my previous Octavia Scout but at least that had a mute button that you could hit: on the Yeti, you actually have to turn the volume all the way down to nothing. Annoying.
<br /><br /><br />Or select AUX by having a lead plugged into the aux socket but not connected to anything. It might work without the lead. I can't remember.<br /><br /><br />Sent using Tapatalk from my Phone

Just been out to the car to check the operation (I have an SE+ with the Amundsen +). Forget the blah about the SD card the nav data is stored internally on the Amundsen +, but other than that the posts are correct, you will have to mute the other source, just to hear the nav. The volume of the instructions can varied through the settings menu and over speaks the media function, so works quite well.

The nav instructions are also repeated on the dashboard info thingy (sorry!), which to be honest clarifies the information to a more simple: take the next left/right turn and even provides a diagram of approaching r'abouts.

Never used a Columbus, so can't give a direct comparison, but can't see there will be that much between them: screen size mainly. Amundsen+ does the full post code search etc, but despite what the instruction book tells you there's no DAB! (unless you have the Urban). SE+ also comes with a 6 CD changer, what with being able to connect my iPhone via blue tooth giving me access to all my iTunes, the choice usually comes to much for me so I resort good old, soothing radio 4!

It may be, but not on the one on the front of the Amundsen+....

JeZ

Ah,

Mine is not the + model.

Same problem on the Amundsen + fitted to my Urban. Wrote to Skoda UK and took it into dispute. The volume of the current media reduce for all sat nav announcements except the radio. It was driving me nuts. Equally the announcements were very odd and it kept telling me to turn at the second........without finishing the sentence. They had it into the dealer twice only to declare it was behaving normally. I explained that their 'normal' was really very naff quality and they ought to introduce an upgrade. They did not offer a fix and in the end it was clear they didn't care either and I was flogging a dead horse; so gave up. Don't bother with the Sat Nav announcements now just use the display. Still unhappy with their approach in what has otherwise been a good purchase.

Same problem on the Amundsen + fitted to my Urban. Wrote to Skoda UK and took it into dispute. The volume of the current media reduce for all sat nav announcements except the radio. It was driving me nuts. Equally the announcements were very odd and it kept telling me to turn at the second........without finishing the sentence. They had it into the dealer twice only to declare it was behaving normally. I explained that their 'normal' was really very naff quality and they ought to introduce an upgrade. They did not offer a fix and in the end it was clear they didn't care either and I was flogging a dead horse; so gave up. Don't bother with the Sat Nav announcements now just use the display. Still unhappy with their approach in what has otherwise been a good purchase.

To be honest I don't think it is bad, yes the volume can be annoying, but the combined display of the multi functional display is really good. If I compare to tom tom, or Google etc, it is still better, because the display works well. I would still recommend, because it is still better than separate ones.

Br

JeZ

• Like 1