Car seat Protector against baby car seat

Dinski

Does anyone know if skoda do a leather seat protector for baby car seats?

I seem to remember reading about one that was made just for protecting leather. (not sure if it was official skoda)

I have an isofix seat in my current yeti and its quite harsh on the material seats,so I'm a little worried what it will do to the seats in my elegance (when it arrives) I have seen one that could do the job (see pic)

If anyone has used one in the yeti I would love to hear which one you used.

Any help is good help..

Thanks fella's

post-78837-0-33452700-1363205035_thumb.jpg

Mozart thank you, that's the kind of thing I'm after.

Graham, thanks for checking the catalog, and bobdog I just spat coffee all over my iPad when I read that. So thank you too :-)

• Like 2

bobdog I just spat coffee all over my iPad when I read that. So thank you too :-)

Oh dear, I suppose I'll get the bill for the iPad now? :peek:

• Like 1

Oh dear, I suppose I'll get the bill for the iPad now? :peek:

Your forgiven Bob, totally worth it.

Hi, I use the one's similar to your picture they come in 2 versions, the base you show and a version which also covers the back of the seat.

http://www.amazon.co...63210023&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.co...63210091&sr=1-9

I use them always with Isofix and we have had them now in 3 Elegances and when we have sold 2 Yeti's the seats look like new so they certainly do the job and protect the leather. The fit is great, base squab is same length as the seat and the back hangs around headrest and is adjustable, the slots match fine for the isofix mounts and would not hesitate to recomend them.

The only negative is with Isofix the extra layer makes them tighter to fix the seats, I find reclining the back seat helps with the angle to get the seat in then move back up once fitted. The extra 5 mins pain insatlaton you get the full protection benifit is well worth it. If you have a rear facing baby seat definetly go for the one with the back as the child will kick the seat, this version is also good if the back of the child seat is not smooth and for example with ridges if its forward facing.

Edited by gbpxg01
  • Like 1

:hi: Bob what beer is on offer in the corner, is it worth me getting sent to the corner :wonder: .

Just enjoying a pint or two of a rather fine cider I have been given at 7% its going down a treat :drunk:

Hi, I use the one's similar to your picture they come in 2 versions, the base you show and a version which also covers the back of the seat.

http://www.amazon.co...63210023&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.co...63210091&sr=1-9.

I have the high-backed one (first link above) on both rear seats of mine, with Alcantara seats. These have been in since day 1, with two ISOFIX seats in place, in daily use. As stated above, they do add a little to the faff of getting the isofix to locate, but then the Yeti seats are not the easiest in this respect anyway. I recently had occasion to remove all child seats and back seats when moving house and noted that both back seats were unmarked by the presence of the child seats. Well worth it IMHO.

• Like 1

I have 2 ISOFIX seats fitted (for a 3yr old and a 1yr old) on my Elegance. Initially I was concerned about the seats marking the leather. But as the kids have now trashed the rest of the car anyway (wee, poo, sick, ingrained food debris...) I've stopped looking at the damage! As long as they are safe, who cares about seats!!!

:hi: Bob what beer is on offer in the corner, is it worth me getting sent to the corner :wonder: .

It's Martin's (Dbg400) homebrew. He uses kits based on Woodforde's bootiful Norfolk brews ... Wherry and Norfolk Nog.

• Like 1

We use a simple cheap and practical solution.

We fit a towel (in an appropriate colour to match the seat material) fitted under both of the iso car seats

fitted to the Yeti.

Easy to fit, remove and if accidents happen absorbs the ......, and a simple job to keep clean with the benefit of costing next to nothing.

• Like 1

That did cross my mind kibby, but the main thing I want it for is to stop the leather seats getting scuffed marked and most importantly not misshapen the leather seats leaving a baggy leather area.

This does happen my friends golf seats have gone baggy because he'salways had car seats on them .

It's a lot of money spent on the car/trim level to take chances, imo

Wrap the large towel round a strong piece of cardboard to help spread the load, the towel is then in touch with the leather to prevent the scuffing, and the weight of the seat is spread over a greater area.

The top surface of the towel still absorbing the output from the child. Works for us. If the bespoke solution contains any hard faced plastic you could still get some wear.

I'm afraid the leather seats are not that good a quality and can soon look saggy with stretched panels in less than a year of normal use without children. Have a look at used Yeti's and you will see what I mean.

I suppose it is to a large extent down to the nature of the material. Note the leather is limited to the top faces of the seat squabs (the bits that touch your body) the rest being a good imitation of leather (used to be called vinyl (uggh!!) but a lot better now)

I suppose its boils down to if you want to spend money on a bespoke solution that achieves the same/similar.

Edited by kibby

We use a simple cheap and practical solution.

We fit a towel (in an appropriate colour to match the seat material) fitted under both of the iso car seats

fitted to the Yeti.

Easy to fit, remove and if accidents happen absorbs the ......, and a simple job to keep clean with the benefit of costing next to nothing.

Same here.

Still use it with the child seat too and it protects the leather seat facing very well.