Help sons Fabia won't start

Hi all havent been on for a while but hoping someone can help. My sons Fabia 1.9 diesel will not run, when turning on ignition there are no lights coming up on dash at all, engine will turn over and start but will not run any longer than a few seconds. I suspect something may have blown a fuse. Any ideas?

If it turns over fast enough that would suggest battery is ok.

My first thought was also immobiliser with usually cuts the engine out after a few seconds.

Does anythig happen with the clocks at all?

Eg. Do they still light up when you put your sidelights on?

Is the time and mileage still displayed?

Rev etc etc...

The immobiliser is linked to the clocks so suggests somthing in that area is to fault.

Good luck.

Sounds like I'm going to need that good luck. Just had a quick look at the dials they dont light up at all except dipped light symbol when dipped is on, no displays present and rev counter is stuck at just under the 1000rpm point. Also just pushed car out of drive to get mine in, leaving ignition on whilst missus did the steering and the dash lit up. Car then started and we were able to move car under its own steam and park up, once parked up and switched off we were back to not starting again???

Thanks for the suggestions so far, think I know what I'll be doing saturday now!