Cracking sound from front of the dashboard

Ok this has been going on actually for almost a year, but now it's getting kind of frustrating.

So here it goes. Car will do a cracking sound from front of the dashboard when for example going into the corner. It looks like the body is deforming somehow and some piece will make a noise. Same happens when driving on uneven road. Also when the front door is opened fully by letting it hit the stopper.

Sounds like some kind metallic/plastic mix sound. One thought is that the frame, that runs inside the dashboard, has some welding come loose and when it gets under pressure, it moves a little bit and makes the noise.

Has anybody else encountered this and has any good advice?

PS! For my own peace of mind, I have fitted a Audi S6 front strut bar on hope, that it will make something better, but still the sound occurs.

Edited by Browser

I also have this problem but I have only had this problem since I lowered the car on coilovers, it may be the case that your Audi S6 Strut Bar is causing the problem.

Do you have a picture of the Audi S6 Strut Bar fitted, just for my reference?

Actually I installed the strut bar in hope, that it will stop the cracking sound :D.

Some ****ty pictures. The bar needed a little modification (cuting it shorter and drilling new holes for clips). The clips go under shock assembly bolts.

DSC_0032_1_.jpg

DSC_0033_1_.jpg

DSC_0035_1_.jpg

Edited by Browser

Could be loose dashboard clips, it is a known Passat B5 problem, and I think it was also reported here for the one or two Superbs.

Fixing it properly is a dashboard off job. I'd try sponge sticky tape first, but beforehand you need to try moving dashboard about to see if it is making the noise.

Edited by dieselV6