New octavia just ordered one

Jammy git! I still am semi miffed about race blue going out as a standard model colour now :wonder: but does still look the business after all! Sod the Ford indeed, know a couple of people with the titanium x sport 200 TDCI thing not overly impressed with bits of trim missing on a brand new car in boot etc and a few niggles for warranty to sort that were just Leyland style quality control issues IMO.

Enjoy new motor when it arrives and be sure to take LOTS of pics for us please.

Cheers Fubar, will definitely enjoy, going to sign on the dotted line in the morning :rofl:

I understand the emotion around race blue but we all know it's going to sell a few more well spec'd top of the range cars until the vRS comes along! ;)

Edited by Matt Pez
  • Like 1

I'm sure there will be a new VRS exclusive colour when it arrives so you can all feel "special" again.

Had best not be Rally Green! I was not totally convinced on the FL with such a large flat sided car and this one is bigger! Was watching a review vid of the Octy3 2.0TDI Elegance the other day and showed the spare wheel in boot well as a 205/55/16, didn't appear as deep as current one making the 205/55/16 look like its limit but hey ho it's still better than a bicycle wheel job!

This bit of this vid

Does look a nice wagon inside and out tbh! But I am still holding out for the new VRS! I do hope it has independent rear suspension though!

Had best not be Rally Green! I was not totally convinced on the FL with such a large flat sided car and this one is bigger!

No, I saw a Rally Green Mk 2 for the first time recently and it looked a bit odd on such a large car.

A nice rich metallic red could work well though - not unlike the one on the Mazda 6

No, I saw a Rally Green Mk 2 for the first time recently and it looked a bit odd on such a large car.

A nice rich metallic red could work well though - not unlike the one on the Mazda 6

Red might be a winner! I do really like it but having had a yellow Mk1 Furby VRS I had heart set on the race blue this time.

A green VRS bumbed up to me last summer when I was in UK, returned to car park to find this :D

20120823_171912.jpg

• Like 4

Poverty colour?

Do you think buying a VRS makes you special or better than other people in some way?

Get a grip.

Exactly, when we all know that anything other than a Scout is slumming it!

• Like 2

Popped in to my local dealer today to talk about ordering the 1.4 TSI Elegance.

Was extremely disapointed to find out that the Elegance being sold at the moment isn't coming with the Front Assistant or ACC Adaptive Cruise Control as standard, even though it is quoted on the specs.

Apparently this won't be available until model U14 comes in in May/June, with a delivery date quoted as Sept/Oct!!!!!

Not really sure what to do now.....views?

Popped in to my local dealer today to talk about ordering the 1.4 TSI Elegance.

Was extremely disapointed to find out that the Elegance being sold at the moment isn't coming with the Front Assistant or ACC Adaptive Cruise Control as standard, even though it is quoted on the specs.

Apparently this won't be available until model U14 comes in in May/June, with a delivery date quoted as Sept/Oct!!!!!

Not really sure what to do now.....views?

Even then only Front assistant will be standard ACC will be a cost option, my dealer looked into it in detail with SUK! I've emailed SUK about why none of the demonstrators I've seen have the promised reversible boot floor but haven't yet received a reply.

The estate has a forward folding front passenger seat coming as an option at the same time too.

Very handy if you need to carry very long loads.

I had a VW Touran that had one of them, really handy, OK without you can turn the handle and get the seat as far down as possible, but the flip down seat was easy and a really useful feature for long items etc, would recommend specc'ing that.

Horton's of Lincoln...not so sure, they've painted my Octavia 3 times under warranty and it's still rusting. My next car's a Toyota like my wife's 100,000 miles and only had the brake pads and tyres renewed.