Flux's nice little trick

Chris007

Just thought I'd make you all aware and hopefully save you some hassle along the way..

I did an online quote with Flux the other night and recieved an email 'provisional' quote the morning after. £237 for my octy vrs. This seemed a pretty good quote, although I knew it would go up slightly once I called...............

I used their call back service yesterday, which pi55ed me off as I was busy and still had to wait on hold! Went through all my details again, nothing changed.......... Quote is now £600 ish

Moral of the story, the email quote is just there to get you to call them....

I understand all too well how annoying this is when trying to obtain one of many quotes at renewal time Chris :(. I have used Adrian Flux for 2 or 3 policies in the past and always been a very good personal experience/policies, also their motorbike sister company (at time I think its all one name again now). Hope you get sorted somewhere close to your initial quote whoever you end up going with.

Nice to see a good quick response from Dan, despite being a Focus owner :think:. Good to see activity from Adrian Flux on here in response to issues like this.

^ Agreed, my 2012 on line quote with AF was then just matched when progressed over the phone.

My lad has had very similar frustrations with car related policies in the not so distant past but I wonder if there may have been an age factor involved!? Like any product, buyer beware ;)

I will never ever use Adrian flux again. I had a highly modified Volvo estate and it was stolen. All modifications were declared and was insured for around £4500. Or which I thought. Unbeknown to to me and this was never explained to me. It has to have its value agreed by them otherwise they give you the value of a standard car. So they ripped me off for £2000. So I informed all my friends who were insured with them and most left them when their renewal their and up. I also cancelled my kit cat insurance with them just incase they tried to scam me if anything happened to that too

Gareth

• Sponsor

I will never ever use Adrian flux again. I had a highly modified Volvo estate and it was stolen. All modifications were declared and was insured for around £4500. Or which I thought. Unbeknown to to me and this was never explained to me. It has to have its value agreed by them otherwise they give you the value of a standard car. So they ripped me off for £2000. So I informed all my friends who were insured with them and most left them when their renewal their and up. I also cancelled my kit cat insurance with them just incase they tried to scam me if anything happened to that too

Gareth

Hi,

I'm sorry that you we dissatisfied with our service Obviously it would be difficult for me to comment on this specific case without checking out the full details. We do offer policies that offer the option of an agreed value on modified vehicles. Also even if you don't have an agreed value normally if you have a total loss claim the value of the modifications would be taken into consideration when the insurance company is sorting out the offer. This figure shouldn't and wouldn't normally be based on a purely standard vehicle.

Regards,

Daniel.