Improving Handling

So I was always a petrol head really. But the increase on motoring costs and the need for a sensible car took over and along came the Superb. And I love almost everthing about it.... except it's handling. It wallows in the corners, it feels like all the weight is on the front nearside wheel going round roundabouts causing catastrophic understeer especially powering out of corners.

Are there any anti roll bars that fit the Superb? I was thinking maybe fit a stiff rear ARB and some stiff springs?

I know that you can fit a Audi A6/S6 front upper strut bar for Superb as I have one on mine :D.

It will give you a little stiffer feeling when going to corners, but not much.

To improve handling, best to start with shocks. Fitting Bilstein Sport B6 monotube shock absorbers alone offers a world of difference and they last for ages. I replaced stock shocks after 15k miles and yet I am still happy with Bilstein B6s after further 90k+ miles.

The second modification is to stiffen up front springs, I use Skoda/VAG "sport suspension" springs from an auto 2.5V6 at front, and the HD springs (20mm taller than stock, but softer) at the back. But It is Bilsteins that fixed the handling most. Comfort and noise are largely unchanged with this setup, but cornering is excellent, the car easily outcorners Mk1 Octavia.

In summary, I'd start by replacing the shocks, if you want to do the front springs in one go, OE "sport" for 1.9TDI or 1.9TDI Auto would be good..