I've got `Swirls`

mandp

Washed the car today. Looked lovely. Then the sun came out and I was devastated to discover minor `swirls` on the boot lid. I imagine they're elsewhere too. Thing is...I know they can be got rid of using a DA polisher which I have, but haven't used yet.

So...please advise...are they `polished` out? if so, can you recommend a suitable polish? Or can they be sorted with just a wax? (I have Coll`845)

Goodness knows where they've come from...I'm so careful with my wash technique.

Anyway...they're there so any advice will be most welcome.

Many thanks.

Mike.

You may have had them since delivery and not noticed them, or perhaps you were given a courtesy wash during a dealer visit for service, etc.

I use Meguiars products that I buy from Elite Detailing. This is what I use for light stuff, but they do heavier grades as well. Gurchan is a mine of info, BTW. HTH? :)

Ray

Swirls are unavoidable in my opinion.

It's easy to drive yourself round the bend trying to avoid them.

The easiest thing is to not look for them, or just park your car in the garage and never drive it.

You may have had them since delivery and not noticed them, or perhaps you were given a courtesy wash during a dealer visit for service, etc.

I use Meguiars products that I buy from Elite Detailing. This is what I use for light stuff, but they do heavier grades as well. Gurchan is a mine of info, BTW. HTH? :)

Ray

Thanks, Ray.

I can only think it was done (if not by me of course) when the car was prepared for my collection...I had them add `Autoglym Lifeshine`. Perhaps not my best ever idea.

Anyway, I'll maybe get some of this `SwirlX` and break out my DA polisher.

This does help...thank you.

Regards.

Mike.

Swirls are unavoidable in my opinion.

It's easy to drive yourself round the bend trying to avoid them.

The easiest thing is to not look for them, or just park your car in the garage and never drive it.

I like your take on life!

Posted this on the SSII side by mistake. Sorry.

Washed the car today. Looked lovely. Then the sun came out and I was devastated to discover minor `swirls` on the boot lid. I imagine they're elsewhere too. Thing is...I know they can be got rid of using a DA polisher which I have, but haven't used yet.

So...please advise...are they `polished` out? if so, can you recommend a suitable polish? Or can they be sorted with just a wax? (I have Coll`845)

Goodness knows where they've come from...I'm so careful with my wash technique.

Anyway...they're there so any advice will be most welcome.

Many thanks.

Mike.

I'm told poorboys black magic will help hide them if your car isn't a light colour, white diamond if it is. AG resin polish also does a similar thing and both have fillers in them which you could try if you don't feel confident using a polish as a non invasive first option.

Autoglym Super Resin, until the nicer weather. Then, you can start thinking about paint correction.

Any experience, anyone, of the clear-coat on these? Hard? Soft ? In-between?.

I know mine will be getting a thorough correction come nicer weather.

Autoglym Super Resin, until the nicer weather. Then, you can start thinking about paint correction.

Any experience, anyone, of the clear-coat on these? Hard? Soft ? In-between?.

I know mine will be getting a thorough correction come nicer weather.

`Medium` is my understanding.

Thanks, Ray.

I can only think it was done (if not by me of course) when the car was prepared for my collection...I had them add `Autoglym Lifeshine`. Perhaps not my best ever idea.

Anyway, I'll maybe get some of this `SwirlX` and break out my DA polisher.

This does help...thank you.

Regards.

Mike.

Hardcore detailers would rather collect their new car straight off the transporter (or from the factory :happy: ). The upside of that is you don't have the dealer's 'preparation' staff messing up your new paint. Downside is if on preparation you find blemishes, they will deny responsibility. Bit of a Catch-22, I'm afraid.

I used scholl 17+ with a soft pad using a DA i removed all swirls from my paintwork they r avoidable buy using the 2 bucket method 1 shampoo bucket and 1 dirty bucket also using a lambs woolmitt then drying with a drying towel i learnt this from a friend who owns his own detailing business can find him on facebook magic detail in the altrincham area worth a look and he does 1on 1 tution so you can walk awway knowning how to car for your car

I used scholl 17+ with a soft pad using a DA i removed all swirls from my paintwork they r avoidable buy using the 2 bucket method 1 shampoo bucket and 1 dirty bucket also using a lambs woolmitt then drying with a drying towel i learnt this from a friend who owns his own detailing business can find him on facebook magic detail in the altrincham area worth a look and he does 1on 1 tution so you can walk awway knowning how to car for your car

That is precisely how I wash my car.