New Car? Towing?

Brijo

Perhaps a timely reminder as we approach Easter and the start of the holiday season. If you've changed your car since your last outing with the caravan, two things you don't want to suddenly remember as you go to hook up:

1 Have you got a new number plate for the 'van :doh: ?

2 If you've moved to a different make/model, will your old towing mirrors fit :S ?

(This applies beyond the Yeti world, but it's not obvious where it fits into the wider forum. Mods are free to move it!)

Good shout!!

Surprising how many towing mirrors will NOT fit the Yeti. I've got 1 clamp-on and 2 elastic strap types that won't. Have now gone with the sucker type, which have proved excellent.

On this note, for both of the last cars I have ordered, for delivery I have asked the dealer to make up a spare rear number plate (which they were happy to do). It is always handy to have a spare, even if not towing (eg for a light board or bike carrier) and it lives in the boot, under the carpet.

• Like 1