Raised boot floor

shrops_paul

Hello. If I bought a used yeti then I would need a raised floor for the dog. Does anyone know how much this is to retro fit from a dealer, and would it include a full size wheel or could I stick with the space filler or something?

Ta

Wondering what the raised floor buys the dog: is this for the dog jumping in without catching any dangly bits on the sill? ;)

[i've removed the raised floor on my Octavia and the dog seems happy enough getting in and out - but the Yeti may be a bigger drop; if you have the spare wheel you have the raised floor whether you like it or not!]

Hi, you would need to make sure that the used Yeti has a space saver spare.

As I understand it, the floor pan is different if a can of gunk is supplied instead of a spare wheel; the pan cannot be retro fitted, only as requested from the factory when built. You can fit a full size wheel and tyre in place of the space saver and this will bring the boot floor level with the rear cill.

I have done it with mine, didn't fancy the 50MPH bit on a motorway after a puncture!

Added: I forgot to say that mine is a 4x4 SE

Edited by loftypeak2

I have the spare wheel supplied by the factory in mine, and I can't fit a full size wheel properly. It raises the floor about 25mm or so above the boot lip.

There are some photos that somebody took back in 2010 on here somewhere showing it.

The floor pan is the same whether you have the spare wheel supplied by the factory or not. What did change was that the petrol 1.2tsi and possibly the 1.4tsi and the 1.6CR diesel have a different boot pan on later Yeti, as they don't have the tool box under the car any more and the wheel is mounted the other way up I believe. I think the change happened sometime in 2010. I think at the same time the exhaust went from a twin pipe to a single pipe at the back. (1.2tsi again).

I don't think the 4x4 versions have changed the boot pan since the Yeti was released.

Available as a two part kit;

Spare wheel £130.

Boot floor, tool kit and storage boxes £120

Alternative cheaper idea - place a thick piece of foam plastic (chipfoam is ideal) on the standard boot floor to brink it up to cill level. Your dog will love the comfort, if ours is anything to go by !

My old dog happily jumped into the Yeti boot with the standard floor. I have a rubber Yeti boot mat, with a thick (about 4 inches) dog bed on top of it. My 15 week old puppy can't yet make the jump, but is perfectly comfortable once lifted in, and will be fine to jump in when he's a bit older.

I had the space saver and raised boot floor fitted by the dealer, not as a Factory fitted option (actually the dealer swapped the spare tyre kit out of his demo model). Nice dealer!

Hello. If I bought a used yeti then I would need a raised floor for the dog. Does anyone know how much this is to retro fit from a dealer, and would it include a full size wheel or could I stick with the space filler or something?

Ta

Raised boot floor is standard fitment with the (spacesaver smaller than standard) spare wheel. To retrofit spare wheel / raised floor approx £250

For a Yeti without a spare wheel, a 'variable' boot floor is available as an accessory. Approx £100 I think, go to Skoda website & look at accessories brochure.

Have to say I always struggle with the skoda website and accessories. It doesent sound too expensive tho, without wanting a full size alloy too.

Not sure about the yeti now tho as my budget will only get a 2.0 cr engine with 110 bhp. Seems a bit weedy compared to the 140 bhp octavia I could have instead. Better economy tho! Can't decide.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. Me again. I went to the dealer and was quoted just under £300 for both the spare wheel and the variable boot floor options (fitted) which seemed odd. I was hoping the variable floor without a wheel (i.e. still with gunk) would be cheaper. Are they getting it wrong?

Yes, they're getting it wrong.

Don't stress about it though, it's only the odd muppet like me (who need the bike carrier) don't select the factory spare wheel option at around (IIRC) £85. So most 2nd hand Yetis you look at will already have it.

I was a muppet for not selecting it as I could have taken it out & dropped a rubber boot liner in for when I was carrying bicycles.

Accessories brochure says 'starting from £97'. I should be getting the yeti this weekend but it doesent have the fancy floor. Will try the dealer again once I have it I think!

ah, my bad on 2 accounts.

1. Didn't realise you'd already found your car

2. Assumed that, as web site said from £97 + I'd seen the Octavia one for £101, that the dealer must be wrong*. Just found the part # & the Yeti one does appear to be stupidly priced: http://www.accessori...?p_no=DAA630001 (I wouldn't pay a penny for fitting though - seems very simple)

Edit: * Wrong by approx £200 - he's still wrong though (or ripping you off)

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

That link above is for another boot floor kit. You can not have a spare wheel with this setup!

Just get the two correct kits and fitting is easy, it took me about 20 mins.

Edited by RickT
  • Like 1

2. Assumed that, as web site said from £97 + I'd seen the Octavia one for £101, that the dealer must be wrong*. Just found the part # & the Yeti one does appear to be stupidly priced: http://www.accessori...?p_no=DAA630001 (I wouldn't pay a penny for fitting though - seems very simple)

That's the one I want. They must be charging £75 for fitting then as the price was £275 fiited.

I'm having a bit of difficulty following the last few posts on this thread as I'm not convinced we are all talking about the same thing!

There are three boot floors available for the Yeti.

1. The standard low floor, for cars with no spare wheel.

2. The variable floor, still for cars with no spare wheel, but it gives a foldable higher flat floor with a storage space underneath. This fastens above the original floor & merely levels things off.

3. The raised floor, but it's only for cars fitted with a spare wheel. This accommodates two extra storage boxes that go either side of the spare wheel. See post #5 & again #16. It's easy to fit, but you end up with a redundant original floor. It might be worth seeing if you can do a deal with the Skoda agent to do a "floor swap" with a new or used car with a spare that someone doesn't want!

Now, are you actually being quoted for the correct option by your dealer

If I may borrow this topic for a question or two:

- any suggestions on how can I protect the boot from dog hair and the rear bumper from scracthes - of course as much as possible (I know, that there will still be some dog hair and sctratches, of course, but still)? I use standard rear seat cover in the boot of my Estate, then I have dog mat on top of it. As for the Yeti - my Keri allready has rubber boot liner and I plan to buy a bumper protector in "alu-look" - would that (+ alll things mentioned above)do the trick?

- do you move the rear seats forward when you are transporting your dogs, or do you fold them (or even remove them completely)?

- is max. permisable load on boot floor above space saver spare tyre 75 kg or did I mix-up something?

- do you use any other help to get the dog in the car (small chairs or something similar to make some sort od staircase), because my dog has sometimes problems with jumping in to the Toyota Avensis Estate, because he is quite old

- my Yeti has factor-option "soft" boot divider - do you recomend Dog restraint instead (are theese two even changable?)

Many thanks for all your answers in advance.

Best regards!

Ooh, lots of questions there for the dog owners to answer.

On the question of boot liners, the most impressive I've seen mentioned on this forum is on post # 7 of the thread below. Expensive & covers everything (good for protection, less so for accessing tie-down points etc.)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/267862-boot-liner-and-bike-rack/

I'm having a bit of difficulty following the last few posts on this thread as I'm not convinced we are all talking about the same thing!

There are three boot floors available for the Yeti.

1. The standard low floor, for cars with no spare wheel.

2. The variable floor, still for cars with no spare wheel, but it gives a foldable higher flat floor with a storage space underneath. This fastens above the original floor & merely levels things off.

3. The raised floor, but it's only for cars fitted with a spare wheel. This accommodates two extra storage boxes that go either side of the spare wheel. See post #5 & again #16. It's easy to fit, but you end up with a redundant original floor. It might be worth seeing if you can do a deal with the Skoda agent to do a "floor swap" with a new or used car with a spare that someone doesn't want!

Now, are you actually being quoted for the correct option by your dealer

Option 2 for me please. Variable floor.

Thank you very much, for pointing that out for me Skoda Al Coda. I'll certenly contact them, and then we will see...

Have a nice evening and best regards!

Heh, being my true self (in this case friendly) usually makes quite less problems for me and for everyone around me. So if I get an useful advice I am thankfull for that, if I don't get one I at least know that I should try to find replies to my questions elswhere (or at another, better time, perhaps) and that I should be thankfull for that.

To not go completely off-topic: I have contatcted the company mentioned on thread above and I have also found some other options. If anyone would be interested in my decision when I make one, I would be glad to post it somewhere in this forum.

Thank you again - and good night (to all of you)!

• Like 1