2013 Fiesta ST

Need to or want to change?

Due to warranty etc?

I will be extending warranty for another 2 years, takes me to June 2015 to change that way.

No fiesta estate anyway so rules it out for me :)

Idiot :finger:

You quite clearly have an agenda to slag off the VRS instead of having a discussion. I'm not the idiot here.

Edited by grapo
  • Like 1

Since he owns a vRS id say he has every right to slag it off if he wants. I for one agree with him.

Some people ned to stop taking it personally when their car gets critiqued. The Fabia vRS is no where near the epitome of a hot hatch and its also got some pretty large issues and design flaws. The easiest thing people can do is just accept it. Theres no need to be so defensive about it.

• Like 2

Since he owns a vRS id say he has every right to slag it off if he wants. I for one agree with him.

Some people ned to stop taking it personally when their car gets critiqued. The Fabia vRS is no where near the epitome of a hot hatch and its also got some pretty large issues and design flaws. The easiest thing people can do is just accept it. Theres no need to be so defensive about it.

I too said it will be better to drive than a VRS, so not being over defensive. Should be in general car chat probably though

For the record guys, no, the post is about the Fiesta ST and not to run the Fabia down.

I've had mine for 16 months now and overall have enjoyed it.

I've had my ups & downs with it -

First 12 months -

1) Cliamatronic failure in January 2012 whilst away for a week in freezing weather. (2 returns to 2 dealers)

2) Rear wiper motor burn out, melting the housing and a potential fire hazard (2 trips to the dealer)

3) Usual engine rough idle (2 returns for diagnostics)

4) Big oil usage. Currently at 1 litre per 500 miles. (2 returns for diagnostics)

That's 8 trips to the dealers in 12 months (excluding 2 for usual servicing)

My neighbours see me with the bonnet up, checking & filling the car with oil all the time and although I can live with the constant jokes, it's an embarrassment to Skoda & VW that these oil issues haven't been properly addressed. Like a recall for all customers for a modification or check up. But hey, that's another subject.

I've got every right to have an opinion of MY car based on something of similar price.

The decision to buy had one deciding factor. It had to be an auto due to my knee injury.

The VRS was £15.5k with all the options as it was a pre-specced car, but this fitted my needs. (or knees) :blush:

I'm simply pointing out that although I understand that some Fabia owners are bound to be defensive of their cars, stop dreaming that the Ford is a bad one.

In my opinion, it looks considerably better than the Skoda, will run rings around it in nearly every department. These thoughts are agreed with by basically EVERY road test there currently is on the Ford and it scores nothing short of excellent.

It's £17,995 list priced, fully specced, or £16,995 in ST1 form. I think it's an outstanding bargain and i've owned ST Fords before. They're great.

If they made a flappy paddle one, I'd trade the VRS in today, without question.

Edited by jonny boy
  • Like 1

For the record guys, no, the post is about the Fiesta ST and not to run the Fabia down.

I've had mine for 16 months now and overall have enjoyed it.

I've had my ups & downs with it -

First 12 months -

1) Cliamatronic failure in January 2012 whilst away for a week in freezing weather. (2 returns to 2 dealers)

2) Rear wiper motor burn out, melting the housing and a potential fire hazard (2 trips to the dealer)

3) Usual engine rough idle (2 returns for diagnostics)

4) Big oil usage. Currently at 1 litre per 500 miles. (2 returns for diagnostics)

That's 8 trips to the dealers in 12 months (excluding 2 for usual servicing)

My neighbours see me with the bonnet up, checking & filling the car with oil all the time and although I can live with the constant jokes, it's an embarrassment to Skoda & VW that these oil issues haven't been properly addressed. Like a recall for all customers for a modification or check up. But hey, that's another subject.

I've got every right to have an opinion of MY car based on something of similar price.

The decision to buy had one deciding factor. It had to be an auto due to my knee injury.

The VRS was £15.5k with all the options as it was a pre-specced car, but this fitted my needs. (or knees) :blush:

I'm simply pointing out that although I understand that some Fabia owners are bound to be defensive of their cars, stop dreaming that the Ford is a bad one.

In my opinion, it looks considerably better than the Skoda, will run rings around it in nearly every department. These thoughts are agreed with by basically EVERY road test there currently is on the Ford and it scores nothing short of excellent.

It's £17,995 list priced, fully specced, or £16,995 in ST1 form. I think it's an outstanding bargain and i've owned ST Fords before. They're great.

If they made a flappy paddle one, I'd trade the VRS in today, without question.

Not got a problem with what you say at all...

...but that doesn't mean we should all rush out and get one because small differences can rule out a lot of people.

As you say,no dsg auto rules out a lot of folks,and,lack of four doors rules out me and I would think a lot more.

Also,when I change I want more space so the Focus ST would be the Ford I would think about.

I sympathise with all the problems you've had.Mine has been totally trouble free so far but If I had to take it back to the dealers ,say,two or three times in the next year or so for significant rather than minor issues then I'm sure I'd lose confidence in it...and IT WOULD GO.

To be fair I think people were commenting that they didn't like the looks of the Fiesta. Everyone seemed in agreement that it would be a very good car.

I absolutely agree. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as long as they're not honest negatives against the Fabia :notme:

I absolutely agree. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as long as they're not honest negatives against the Fabia :notme:

And as long as they are not positives towards the Fabia it seems....

Looks,like the choice of colour,are totally personal.

My personal opinion is that my vRS is fairly ugly,I bought it in spite of that.

Neither do I like the looks of fast Fords,the reasons are obvious,I'll not repeat them.

Meh...what was it someone said on here a while ago...I'd rather push a skoda than drive a ford.

You wont have to. He'll be watching you in his rear view mirror :blush:

i think ill have to go try both the fiesta and the clio to see if i like either, starting to worry about this car now since its still using oil even after a full engine, still got plenty or warranty though so i can take my time but no way am i gonna get close to the warranty running out, i just daren't .

i think the lack of 5 doors though will put me off but ill try it to see how easy it is or isnt to get into the back and the clio has the auto ;) so that could be the one for me

for the record, im in my 40's and i think the fiesta looks class, once a boy racer, always a boy racer........Mc'd any1???

That's what's doing it for me currently, having a nightmare with mine drinking oil, using 600ml per 300 miles at the moment!!

I'm swaying towards the clio due to the auto box and I think it looks a nice car!

It's good to see abit of lively debate and banter on here, makes a change from some of the dull oil threads!

At the end of the day we all vote with our wallets when we buy our motors and opt for what suits best at the time.

The vRS is a great car and I've enjoyed owning it but wouldn't get another. Having recently bought an Abarth 500 my eyes have been really opened again to experience proper fun driving characteristics and handling. The vRS has an awesome powerplant but it really does feel like the ageing supermini it is with a powerful motor shoved under the bonnet and little thought to the rest of the package. All just my thoughts tho!

So what to replace the vRS with? I honestly don't know! SWMBO mainly uses it and she only wants an auto box which rules the Fiesta ST out (although I'd love one having previously had a Focus ST). New Renault Clio RS with its 200bhp turbo motor and twin-clutch box might be a definite contender....... Should match the fiesta for fun and pace. Shame I don't like the looks and I hate the thought of buying a French car!

• Like 1

Value for money is why most of us have a Fabia VRS. I could not get another 5-door, semi auto or dsg hot hatch for anywhere close to the

£15k odd that i paid for mine on the VAT free deal 18 months ago. It uses no oil (cave engine) has not missed a beat in it's 8,000 miles,

and has only been back to the dealer once - for it's first service. I change my cars on average every 18 months, but have absolutely no

intention of changing this one. It has everything i want ( heated seats, climatronic, cruise, parking sensors, armrest - the list is endless) and NO OTHER car

can touch it for value. The dealer is excellent (Vindis in Cambridge) and this has to be a consideration when you buy also, hence why they are

so hot on customer service. I prefer the looks of the VRS over the Polo and the Fiesta ST which is bland on the outside and a complete chavs

wet dream on the inside if playmobil plastic impresses you. There is still no better car for my money, i would have an Abarth 500, but aswell as

not instead of. That's my opinion, do with it what you will.

• Like 3

I think it's unfair to compare the next generation of supermini hot hatches to the current fabia. We all know the flaws in te VRSs handling, but its got the old 9n Polo platform so was never going to be on rails was it!