Question re boot mat and variable floor.

I am picking up a vrs estate tomorrow which has the variable boot floor fitted. Simple question will a boot mat designed to fit any octavia estate fit properly even with the variable floor fitted?

I don't think it does as the boot floors I've seen all have gaps behind the wheel arches!

A rigid 'mat' might work.

If I'm wrong I'll apologise now as I don't actually have a variable boot floor or a boot mat!

I don't think it does as the boot floors I've seen all have gaps behind the wheel arches!

A rigid 'mat' might work.

If I'm wrong I'll apologise now as I don't actually have a variable boot floor or a boot mat!

Well as long as its close, the ones with the end ridges tend to still be quite slippy for some reason and i prefer sticky rubber with the 2 labs that will be riding in the back. One is a new puppy which we just collected today. We lost a puppy 6 weeks ago to kidney failure at only 4 .5 months old. Was absolutely gutted.

Our vRS estate has the variable floor and we got the rubber boor mat for it. It does fit, but the two edges nearest the back flop into the gaps at the side. We took the variable boot floor out and it's in the loft - gives more head room for our three dogs

Our vRS estate has the variable floor and we got the rubber boor mat for it. It does fit, but the two edges nearest the back flop into the gaps at the side. We took the variable boot floor out and it's in the loft - gives more head room for our three dogs

Mine s the same, flappy bits at the side which stop the deicer from rolling around the boot.

If you use the plastic boot tray as opposed to the rubber boot mat then the edges don't droop.

Sarge.

Well as long as its close, the ones with the end ridges tend to still be quite slippy for some reason and i prefer sticky rubber with the 2 labs that will be riding in the back. One is a new puppy which we just collected today. We lost a puppy 6 weeks ago to kidney failure at only 4 .5 months old. Was absolutely gutted.

I have a hatch bag liner in the boot of my car and in my previous 2, they cover everything and seem to protect the boot from everything that my 2 choc labs throw at it.

Sorry about the pup, we'd be devastated if anything happened to our 2, and enjoy your new bundle of fun (or destruction!)