Yokohama BluEarth AE01

threadbear

My 4 tyres are nearly worn out at 28500 miles (about a 1000 miles left) and am looking at fitting these Yokohamas? They seem a good compromise good fuel economy, grip and noise.

Can get a set of 4 through the AA for just over £280 with a 12.5% discount

Anyone know what they are like or Yokohamas in general? Have been using Dunlops for years!

Grahame

Edited by threadbear

Used to use Yokohama many moons ago ( boy racer days ) always found them to be the best tyres ever in terms of grip but that comes at price-they never seem to last too long due to the very sticky, soft compound. Things may have changed these days but I spoke to a local tyre guy a couple of weeks ago as I looked at the paradas for my octy and he said they hang on and on grip wise but don't expect many miles out of them.

• 3 months later...

My mate got 20k out of his paradas on a V5 Bora. 225 50 18.

And I know the latest C/Drive2 does lots more.

Tyre fitters tend to want to sell what's on the shelf and slate anything if it might cost a sale...

The Bluearth tyre I'm not sure as haven't heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk